Drivers at 43rd st doing different jobs

ncupser82

We obviously see things differently i am not going back and forth with this anymore.I see your point, but moving into different classifications causes problems especially dealing with a company treats there workforce like they own them,they will have you do everything under the sun while you are on the clock if we let them.
I think what Easy Trucker is saying is that if we want to work and they can't find a route, UPS is obligated to pay us anyway! A lot of times that results in having to do menial tasks to make up 8 hours...or you can go home an not get paid! I've never seen the union stand up for the guy who opted to go home because they can't argue that! Sounds to me like the guys working out of classification should be filing to get their jobs back as drivers!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

I don't understand why you say 804 is doing nothing about it. What are you doing about it. Is their language that states you can't file a grievance or are you saying you have filed and 804 will do nothing with your grievance?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Amazing how you get two likes out of that comment.No drivers should not be working out of classification.These animals that we work for would ask you to shine there shoes while you were on the clock and tell you do it because they are paying you.They cut routes all the time whether they need to or not,with your philosophy whenever they are down clerks,car washers,unloaders,preloaders,body and paint guys they will just cut loads and reassign driver to cover those jobs.That is not the way it works if you are a driver you are a DRIVER PERIOD!!! If everyone covered everyone elses classification for whatever reason to help this thankless company out when in need they would abuse it just like they abuse everything else.Next thing you know clerk jobs are disappearing, drivers are correcting there own bad adds,everyone pulls in at night and unloads there own trucks therefore local sort jobs are disappearing,drivers pull in and wash there own trucks every other day,there goes the car washer jobs.So on and so on,does everyone understand now what working out of classification can cause now.
We can only work 60 a week and I come close to that doing driving alone.

Overpaid Union Thug

What's the big deal? In our region if drivers don't have a seat for the day
or are laid off we can bump two part-timere or do whatever else management will allow to get our eight hours.
Sent using BrownCafe App

member6045

I do not believe a member has to file a grievance in a manner like this! The Business Agent should be going to management over the work! The BA should ask if seniority was honored! If not! The BA should file a grievance over seniority and put all top seniority people on grievance!!!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Drivers unload everyday in my building. I could care less even though I know that it's wrong. Just don't know how a driver could find it right in their conscience knowing that they are taking money out of a pter's pocket who are making squat.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Drivers unload everyday in my building. I could care less even though I know that it's wrong. Just don't know how a driver could find it right in their conscience knowing that they are taking money out of a pter's pocket who are making squat.

And they are getting beyond their 8 hours. I find it hard in my heart to not dislike these drivers, even though they are cool.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When we back our pkg cars in to our spots we are required to unload our NDA and smalls bags only. Anything beyond that could be considered stealing time.

They are going beyond unloading their airs, high values and smalls. I am talking about drivers coming in after 7 o clock doing this crap. So they are definitely getting beyond their 8 hours. Supervisors don't care, they like them doing it because it makes their numbers look good, I guess. I have another job so I don't really care, but for the other pters who have not made book - I really feel sorry for them. But at the end of the day, I am no Mr. Save the world. A lot of drivers even find it disgusting for what they are doing, so I am not saying all drivers are doing it and putting down you guys.

member6045

The Executive board took a raise bye stating they took a pay-cut and have been underpaid since taking office. Truth is the executive board has been playing a game of lies! It's unethical but not illegal! The board has decided to take there salary and count it as what local 804 pays them in total!! But the fringe benefits and vacations Do Not go as income against there salaries! This is all extra an not counted on there taxes personally.

Section 5: Fringe Benefits.

a) The Local Union Executive Board may, from time to time, provide the terms and conditions of employment for officers, employees and representatives of this organization including, but not limited to, such fringe benefits as vacations with pay, holidays, sick leave, time off for personal leave, and, in connection therewith, any disability or sickness, health and welfare and retirement benefits and activities, and facilities relating thereto, and may from time to time provide changes therein. Any such benefit when approved by the Local Union Executive Board shall be specifically set forth in the minutes of the Executive Board meetings. In no event may any officer or employee reacquire accrued vacation time once an officer or employee has received a cash payment in lieu or on account of such accrued time.

b) (1) It is the stated policy of Local 804 that vacation leave should be utilized in the year in which it is earned. However, in the event that this is not possible, an officer or employee may elect to carry over no more than three (3) weeks of vacation in a single year, up to a lifetime maximum of nine (9) weeks of accrued and unused vacation.

(2) Vacation leave carried over, as set forth above, must be used. Except in extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the Principal Officer and reported to the membership, no officer or employee may receive a cash payment in lieu of vacation. If a cash payment as set forth above is made, the rate of pay shall be the rate in effect at the time the vacation was earned.

(3) The Local Union Executive Board shall establish procedures for recording vacations and monitoring compliance with the vacation provisions of these By-Laws.

member6045

The Executive board took a raise bye stating they took a pay-cut and have been underpaid since taking office. Truth is the executive board has been playing a game of lies! It's unethical but not illegal! The board has decided to take there salary and count it as what local 804 pays them in total!! But the fringe benefits and vacations Do Not go as income against there salaries! This is all extra an not counted on there taxes personally.

Section 5: Fringe Benefits.

a) The Local Union Executive Board may, from time to time, provide the terms and conditions of employment for officers, employees and representatives of this organization including, but not limited to, such fringe benefits as vacations with pay, holidays, sick leave, time off for personal leave, and, in connection therewith, any disability or sickness, health and welfare and retirement benefits and activities, and facilities relating thereto, and may from time to time provide changes therein. Any such benefit when approved by the Local Union Executive Board shall be specifically set forth in the minutes of the Executive Board meetings. In no event may any officer or employee reacquire accrued vacation time once an officer or employee has received a cash payment in lieu or on account of such accrued time.

b) (1) It is the stated policy of Local 804 that vacation leave should be utilized in the year in which it is earned. However, in the event that this is not possible, an officer or employee may elect to carry over no more than three (3) weeks of vacation in a single year, up to a lifetime maximum of nine (9) weeks of accrued and unused vacation.

(2) Vacation leave carried over, as set forth above, must be used. Except in extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the Principal Officer and reported to the membership, no officer or employee may receive a cash payment in lieu of vacation. If a cash payment as set forth above is made, the rate of pay shall be the rate in effect at the time the vacation was earned.

(3) The Local Union Executive Board shall establish procedures for recording vacations and monitoring compliance with the vacation provisions of these By-Laws.

Lm-2 schedule 10 accrued vacations shows a healthy amount of money that clearly belongs on Tim and company Tax returns! This is untaxed money.

member6045

So remember to ask Tim, Jim, Pete, Liam, Neil, Dave friend, Dave O, Chris S, Steve O, Chris C,mark H. Why do you not report your vacation, holidays and unlimited sick time towards your salaries? Ask them is this the truth? See how they dance! These guys make just as much as the top union guys make that have ups members in them! Don't believe there bs!

member6045

Fact is! If your elected you should be paid for your job! Fact is! Your not suppose to lie to your membership about what you make yearly!