Drivers complaining about working without ac

For a measly $40 an hour busting ass ain’t worth it.
They don't see the big picture

How many companies give you a good health care plan you do not have to pay anything for?

How many private sector companies offer a pension plan, especially for part-time employees?

Yes this job does suck sometimes but we're more fortunate than many others

Cowboy Mac

That is what I was trying to say.

Most Teamsters are fat and sassy and not hungry anymore. the companies are smarter now than they were in the old days.

They give workers just enough to keep them somewhat satisfied so resistance will be slight. There is still plenty of greed on the companies end but not as much as in the old days.

Being retired and on the outside now I can see this more clearly . The company is playing a game they are slowly winning. They see the big picture while workers do not.
There is still plenty of greed and harassment. I know plenty of guys who are ready to strike based on harassment alone.

Trucker Clock

I know plenty of guys who are ready to strike based on harassment alone.

So your guys are ready to strike over something that is already in the contract. Something that we already fought for and won.

Harassment is already addressed in the current contract. If your Local can't enforce the contract, I don't know how a strike is supposed to make your local enforce it.

We have minor issues over harassment here and there that are dealt with by our local immediately. Harassment is not an issue here. Tell your Local to enforce the current clause in the contract or elect new Officers that can enforce a contract.

Cowboy Mac

So your guys are ready to strike over something that is already in the contract. Something that we already fought for and won.

Harassment is already addressed in the current contract. If your Local can't enforce the contract, I don't know how a strike is supposed to make your local enforce it.

We have minor issues over harassment here and there that are dealt with by our local immediately. Harassment is not an issue here. Tell your Local to enforce the current clause in the contract or elect new Officers that can enforce a contract.
Yes we have problems with the local not enforcing the contract, and we have been trying to elect new officers, but the main issue is that Article 37 has no teeth because it doesn’t give a consequence other than a hearing will be held. All we get from that is “Company will comply.” And they keep on doing it.

There has to be some sort of monetary penalty attached for proven cases of harassment. Or some other consequence that is clearly stated in the contract. That way the local has no choice but to enforce the clearly written contract.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes we have problems with the local not enforcing the contract, and we have been trying to elect new officers, but the main issue is that Article 37 has no teeth because it doesn’t give a consequence other than a hearing will be held. All we get from that is “Company will comply.” And they keep on doing it.

There has to be some sort of monetary penalty attached for proven cases of harassment. Or some other consequence that is clearly stated in the contract. That way the local has no choice but to enforce the clearly written contract.
There already is a potential monetary pay out in Article 37.

Key to Article 37 success is to file an Article 37 grievance each and every time that harassment happens. You’ll have a bullseye on you but they really can’t touch you if they know you have the gumption to involve outside agencies if anyone tries to retaliate against you.

Trucker Clock

There has to be some sort of monetary penalty attached for proven cases of harassment.

There is. Apparently, you need to try harder to elect Local leaders to enforce Article 37. They need to send it up the chain because UPS is clearly not abiding by the grievance settlement nor the contract.

Article 37 Section 1

2. The Article 37 Committee shall be empowered to provide a monetary penalty for each proven violation of this Section up to a maximum penalty of three (3) times the employee’s daily guarantee depending on the severity of the offense.

Trucker Clock

There is still plenty of greed and harassment. I know plenty of guys who are ready to strike based on harassment alone.

It never ceases to amaze me how ill informed some of the membership is.

"We are going to strike over harassment. We need a clause in the contract to stop it and a monetary penalty if UPS refuses. We know our Local sucks enforcing the contract, but we are going to strike anyway."

Article 37 is there and it has teeth, if your Local does their job. We have had Sups transferred out of our building over harassment issues. We have very little harassment issues here because management knows our Local will take it on and get it corrected.

Don't threaten to strike and blame UPS for a contractual issue that your Local can't seem to handle.

Sounds like you guys need to attend your Local membership meetings. You may learn what is in the contract and maybe even persuade your Local to actually enforce the contract.

Cowboy Mac

There already is a potential monetary pay out in Article 37.

Key to Article 37 success is to file an Article 37 grievance each and every time that harassment happens. You’ll have a bullseye on you but they really can’t touch you if they know you have the gumption to involve outside agencies if anyone tries to retaliate against you.

There is. Apparently, you need to try harder to elect Local leaders to enforce Article 37. They need to send it up the chain because UPS is clearly not abiding by the grievance settlement nor the contract.

Article 37 Section 1

2. The Article 37 Committee shall be empowered to provide a monetary penalty for each proven violation of this Section up to a maximum penalty of three (3) times the employee’s daily guarantee depending on the severity of the offense.
How many cases do you know that actually go all the way to this committee? From what I’ve heard it is a rare thing and the evidence has to be impeccable. Most cases of harassment are he said-she said.

And yes,I’m not stupid, I have read Article 37. I get that harassment grievance is a sort of shield. I’m saying it needs to be more than that, a shield with spikes on the front of it.

Don’t even get me started on these local leaders, we’re working on that. The penalties for the company need to be there at the lowest level, so the weak locals hand is forced by language.

Cowboy Mac

It never ceases to amaze me how ill informed some of the membership is.

"We are going to strike over harassment. We need a clause in the contract to stop it and a monetary penalty if UPS refuses. We know our Local sucks enforcing the contract, but we are going to strike anyway."

Article 37 is there and it has teeth, if your Local does their job. We have had Sups transferred out of our building over harassment issues. We have very little harassment issues here because management knows our Local will take it on and get it corrected.

Don't threaten to strike and blame UPS for a contractual issue that your Local can't seem to handle.

Sounds like you guys need to attend your Local membership meetings. You may learn what is in the contract and maybe even persuade your Local to actually enforce the contract.
All you did is get a supervisor moved. That is the definition of no teeth. The type of harassment we are dealing with here is more than just hurry up, you’re going too slow. I won’t go into specific cases because it’s ongoing, but we’re talking about very serious stuff here.

We have had several supervisors moved because of harassment. Now they are in other centers in the local causing the same problems. One even got promoted. These guys need to be fired, they should not be in a position of power.

It is also UPS fault because they continue to allow this toxic culture in which a supervisor is rewarded for being an absolute piece of garbage.

You really assume a lot. I go to meetings and I have read the contract. I try to educate myself. I do actual things other than sit and cry about it on the internet, or be an apologist for the company or for the local. They are both to blame.

All I’m trying to say is that people are tired of the harassment and some are ready to strike just to give the middle finger to management.

Integrity

Binge Poster
All you did is get a supervisor moved. That is the definition of no teeth. The type of harassment we are dealing with here is more than just hurry up, you’re going too slow. I won’t go into specific cases because it’s ongoing, but we’re talking about very serious stuff here.

We have had several supervisors moved because of harassment. Now they are in other centers in the local causing the same problems. One even got promoted. These guys need to be fired, they should not be in a position of power.

It is also UPS fault because they continue to allow this toxic culture in which a supervisor is rewarded for being an absolute piece of garbage.

You really assume a lot. I go to meetings and I have read the contract. I try to educate myself. I do actual things other than sit and cry about it on the internet, or be an apologist for the company or for the local. They are both to blame.

All I’m trying to say is that people are tired of the harassment and some are ready to strike just to give the middle finger to management.
Since you are dealing with very serious stuff do you file an Article 37 grievance each and every time that harassment happens.?

Since it is very serious have you considered filing a lawsuit?

I know there are attorneys who will take on UPS Harassment and Retaliation Cases and some win big bucks.

Harassment and retaliation in the work place is illegal and employees can sue their employers for this.

Even though worker’s compensation makes it very difficult to sue your employer for negligence, even negligence that results in being maimed or killed, suing your employer for harassment, coercion, and retaliation has been made easier since the Enron Scandal.

Cowboy Mac

Since you are dealing with very serious stuff do you file an Article 37 grievance each and every time that harassment happens.?

Since it is very serious have you considered filing a lawsuit?

I know there are attorneys who will take on UPS Harassment and Retaliation Cases and some win big bucks.

Harassment and retaliation in the work place is illegal and employees can sue their employers for this.

Even though worker’s compensation makes it very difficult to sue your employer for negligence, even negligence that results in being maimed or killed, suing your employer for harassment, coercion, and retaliation has been made easier since the Enron Scandal.
Like I said before, I’m not going to comment on current cases because they are ongoing. All I will say is that I am aware of the law and that is good advice. For me personally, I file every time, even for minor occurrences. Because in my experience, the minor offenders usually end up doing something major down the line.

Trucker Clock

Don’t even get me started on these local leaders, we’re working on that. The penalties for the company need to be there at the lowest level, so the weak locals hand is forced by language.

So you want O'Brien to negotiate into the UPS contract a clause that will force his Locals to do their job? You're funny.

All you did is get a supervisor moved. That is the definition of no teeth.

Got rid of the harassment, didn't it? Problem solved.

The type of harassment we are dealing with here is more than just hurry up, you’re going too slow. I won’t go into specific cases because it’s ongoing, but we’re talking about very serious stuff here.

If it's that serious, it should already be up the chain, at the National Grievance Committee.

We have had several supervisors moved because of harassment. Now they are in other centers in the local causing the same problems. One even got promoted.

Well, if they keep getting moved, maybe UPS will finally do something about it.

These guys need to be fired, they should not be in a position of power.

Will never happen. The Union cannot tell UPS to fire one of their Sups. We can remove the problem from the immediate area, but that is all we can do.

OK, here we go again. Someone wanting to strike just as a payback to UPS. To give them the middle finger. Just for the hell of it. Someone else had issues with this attitude also. I believe it was @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U.

The only thing it really bothers me is a lot of guys want to strike just for the hell of it

So you want O'Brien to negotiate into the UPS contract a clause that will force his Locals to do their job? You're funny.

Got rid of the harassment, didn't it? Problem solved.

If it's that serious, it should already be up the chain, at the National Grievance Committee.

Well, if they keep getting moved, maybe UPS will finally do something about it.

Will never happen. The Union cannot tell UPS to fire one of their Sups. We can remove the problem from the immediate area, but that is all we can do.

OK, here we go again. Someone wanting to strike just as a payback to UPS. To give them the middle finger. Just for the hell of it. Someone else had issues with this attitude also. I believe it was @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U.
I never said we should go on strike for the hell of it.