Drivers: if your 6000 section is slammed

bumped

I'd rather you put the 6000 on the floor. Keep the 5000 shelf organized. Otherwise both the 5000 and 6000 are screwed up with I'm sure 5000 and 6000 still on the floor.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I had a resi run before going into feeders, my biggest problem was not the loader as if I got bulk there usually was room on the floor to put it all together, the problem I constantly had was the dispatcher PALing 80 of my 150 stops to the 6000 section then nothing in the 8000. WTF? And don't give me that nonsense about the loader should've "snaked" the load,that crap never worked.

I have that problem loading one of my commercial routes. The entire left side of the truck, floor and RDL is bricked out but the right side is so sparse you lay the handcart nicely on the shelf.

FreakPoet

Im sure its different at most hubs but say I have 150ish packages in surepost for a truck. Ill probably load about 100 of those with maybe 3 or 4 bags coming through. Some of those bags have like 1 or 2 at the most Lol. But yeah I can pretty much put those anywhere there is room because the drivers will know what they are anyways

you guys use the surepost bags at your center? lol

Johney

I have that problem loading one of my commercial routes. The entire left side of the truck, floor and RDL is bricked out but the right side is so sparse you lay the handcart nicely on the shelf.
And I'm sure they tell you to "snake" the load right? Which is so stupid cause I'm sure by the time you realize it's friend'd up the sort is half over and there is no time to fix it, right?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And I'm sure they tell you to "snake" the load right? Which is so stupid cause I'm sure by the time you realize it's friend'd up the sort is half over and there is no time to fix it, right?
My reply to an excuse of "snaking" the load is "Why don't you snake this load!"

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Would you rather have a 6500 on the 5000 section or on the floor?
Most routes have the shelves delivered sequentially (except for the people who follow Orion for some odd reason) but there are some routes like mine where certain shelves are reserved and delivered first. I deliver the 6000 & 8000 shelves first in the morning out the rear of the truck so if you were to put a 6000 package on the 5000 shelf I'd probably freak out on you the next day.

Unless your driver asks you to do something differently, stick to putting it either on the shelf it is supposed to be on or as directly below on the floor as possible.

I have a new loader who likes to put my RDL on the 8000 shelf, RDR on the 6000 shelf and then random stuff in the RDL & RDR slots. I keep having to slap him around in the mornings to break him of the bad habit.