Drivers in my center mad because they are forced to take lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If guys aren't going to take the full hour we have them sign a piece of paper saying they are electing to only take the required 30 minutes.
I'm half tempted to file that everyone take their full lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour per our contract.

My tires might get slashed. I've tried telling them that at any point management could say we have to take our full hour. Seriously no one believes me.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm half tempted to file that everyone take their full lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour per our contract.

My tires might get slashed. I've tried telling them that at any point management could say we have to take our full hour. Seriously no one believes me.
I've always wondered how a monetary grievance on others skipping their lunches would play out. I mean if we can file on a driver coming in earlier before start time to fluff their load then why not the lunch?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I dont get it? Whats so difficult about taking a simple 30 minute rest period? If you dont have anymore NDA commits left, Just take lunch from like 12:30 til 13:00... Its an easy concept

Browntown2014

Who came up with the mandatory 1 hour lunch period anyway????? It's so stupid. Everyone knows all new drivers forfeit most if not all their breaks.

Rack em

Made the Podium
As far as I know the rest period/lunch is a DOT requirement. The DOT only requires a 30 minute uninterrupted rest period.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
As far as I know the rest period/lunch is a DOT requirement. The DOT only requires a 30 minute uninterrupted rest period.
Only if you work over 12 hours and/or drive over 100 air miles from your center.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. If someone wants to pass on an unpaid break that should be their decision. People should mind their own business.

Bottom rung

Everyday at 1320 that message pops up, then adds a line to the top off EDD that says meal until you put a start and end off lunch
View attachment 68063
Our bonus guys record their break and keep working. They always have and won't stop doing it. Then when they got caught they just prerecorded everything, delivered while on break and dr'd them after break was over.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Drivers must be saving thier lunch to avoid helping others late in the day

That's what I do

Someone told me this is exactly what people are doing.

It's pretty sad that it has to come to this point, instead of dispatching people reasonably so that everyone can get off in time for dinner. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it one more...

This is the only place where you do all your own work only to be told at the end of the day that you have to do someone else's work. Pay us a half hour and include that in our paid plan. I'd gladly give up the hour unpaid in our local supp. At least that way I might be home earlier.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only if you work over 12 hours and/or drive over 100 air miles from your center.

Our bonus guys record their break and keep working. They always have and won't stop doing it. Then when they got caught they just prerecorded everything, delivered while on break and dr'd them after break was over.
Awesome...we have had a few guys canned for doing that....I have seen our guys walked out for many things and 99% walk right back in but what you described is one thing they don't usually get a second chance on

jaker

trolling
Our diads in California have had the lunch pop up for at least five plus years now and it doesn't effect the bonus guys

I save my lunch (30min) and breaks (2 15min) until the end of the day , why because it gives me the chance to eat dinner with my family

I rather eat with them at the end of the day instead of sitting under a tree by myself at 1:00