Drivers loading question

Thatdudeloads

Hi there I’ve been a preloader for almost 2 years.

I had a supervisor tell me to leave while I needed to still help my drivers load. I’ve never had this happen before my chutes were full too so my drivers needed me to scan packages still.

Is there anything in the contract about this or do I tell the supervisor to leave in peace?

Thank you to anyone reading this!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I had a supervisor tell me to leave while I needed to still help my drivers load. I’ve never had this happen before my chutes were full too so my drivers needed me to scan packages still.

Is there anything in the contract about this or do I tell the supervisor to leave in peace?

Work as directed do it and your life becomes immediately less stressful

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

You leave, it is the drivers problem, you tell your drivers you have to go

Jkloc420

Thats what they do to @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

Thatdudeloads

this didn’t happen to me I should say I was just asking for a coworker.

But could she also said

“Fair days work for a fair days wages?”

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
It depends. Did that supervisor start doing your work? If so, slap them with a supervisor working grievance. You'll get paid for as long as that supervisor worked.
Also, if your supervisor told you to go home but let other preloaders stay working who have less seniority than you, you can grieve that too.

But if it was the driver finishing your work, and they sent everyone with your seniority time and under; you have to work as directed. Not much you can do there.

542thruNthru

What does “Fair days work for fair days wages” mean then?
"Fair days work for a fair days pay" means that we will give a honest days work for a fair wage. Meaning you won't lay down on the job but also will not accept UPS's unfair production numbers.

You get a 3 1/2 hour guarantee. If you're not getting that then you file a grievance.

Jkloc420

"Fair days work for a fair days pay" means that we will give a honest days work for a fair wage. Meaning you won't lay down on the job but also will not accept UPS's unfair production numbers.

You get a 3 1/2 hour guarantee. If you're not getting that then you file a grievance.
Unless you volunteer to go home