DRIVERS ONLY READ, WANT A RAISE, DO THIS.

Exec32

This is coming from a current business owner, former X contractor(employee).
IF YOU VALUE YOURSELF AND ARE A GOOD WORKER DO THIS....

1. Get all your coworker drivers together 2 weeks before thanksgiving to discuss how to get a raise.
2. All of you submit a 2 weeks notice.
3. Tell the maroon contractor you got a better opportunity.

The contractor will try to do the following:
1. Give you bonuses based on performance and attendance.
2.PROMISE you a raise and paid time off.

Do not fall for it. Demand a higher wage. Whatever you want. Be sure to get it in writing. Get a gaurenteed bonus based only on attendance.
You will get more than what you had. The contractor has no choice.
Now there will be some contractors on here that will lie, and claim they will fire you or hire someone else. IF YOU ARE A GOOD WORKER, THE CONTRACTOR WILL BE BLOWING YOUR PHONE UP BEGGING YOU. To be honest you can be an average driver and still get practically everything you want.
Pass this on to your buddies. If you feel you are not making enough, espeacially with no benefits, you have nothing to lose.
Cut and post this to Facebook, social media, pass it on.
Just look at other posts on this forum, contractors a making a LOT of $$$$$$ during peak, get what you deserve.

You know what happens to drivers that strong arm contractors come dec 25th? Take a guess they get clowned for the new peak resource already producing as much as them . We can pay them 25 to 30 % less for the upcoming year . I dont t operate like that cause I have respect for my regular guys who stick it out with me . But dont test me

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Demand a higher wage. Whatever you want. Be sure to get it in writing. Get a gaurenteed bonus based only on attendance.
You will get more than what you had. The contractor has no choice.

As a current business owner, you also know that whatever they get in writing isn't worth the paper it's written on, right?

dvalleyjim

You know what happens to drivers that strong arm contractors come dec 25th? Take a guess they get clowned for the new peak resource already producing as much as them . We can pay them 25 to 30 % less for the upcoming year . I dont t operate like that cause I have respect for my regular guys who stick it out with me . But dont test me

Ooo, I'm scared. Truth is a qualified driver can work for any ISP in the building. All you have to do is have a good relation with FedEx. That's who we really work for anyway.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, when my subcontractor sold his routes to the investor class, a few quit and moved on to the better ones in the terminal and to the neighboring ground building... as long as your DOT card and driver status is clean.

I walked in a terminal closer to home a few years ago and they immediately put me on their roster when I asked if anyone has a route close to home

CJinx

So you're saying that a group of drivers should unite and collectively bargain with their employer? What a concept!

Exec32

BULL#hit

Exec32

This post is for drivers, not contractors. Drivers please ignore the ignorant responses from ignorant contractors. They will not be honest.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Try that, and watch your drivers walk during peak. You will be blowing their phones up begging them to come back.

Where are they going to walk to, some other job that's so much better than the one they've got driving for a contractor? If so, why would they wait until peak to take it?