Drivers who qualified under new contract ??

Tough Guy

Yes we can thank our existing full time union members for voting in the wonderful 4 year progression. I think 3 years was too long as it was.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My dreams are shattered =( 18.00 a hour !?
That's like ....30 grand a year ...

Agnrrrrrrr

Really!??!!? When i started driving 20 years ago, I made top rate in 2 years and it was $19.76/hour. And you're bummed about only making a dollar less per hour?!?!? In 4 years you'll be making over $90k. You'll survive.

Yes we can thank our existing full time union members for voting in the wonderful 4 year progression. I think 3 years was too long as it was.

When i first saw that progression went from 2 years to 3 years, then to 3.5, then to 4 years, I was a little bummed for the newer drivers. In the ned I thought it was pretty realistic. Why should you make $90k in 2 years when we were making half of that at TR 20 years ago? I made $41k+OT at TR. Was pretty happy to make that without college degree. And to make $90k now without a college degree, I'm pretty damn satisfied. I have friends with Master's Degrees who make half of that. $40k is still a good amount of money especially when you know that you'll be making more than double that in 4 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was going through my SS earnings record the other day. I am starting my 27th year and I have yet to break $80K ($78.5K).

I have been thinking about bidding a 22.3 job but after meeting with my financial adviser I will be staying put.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Believe there is four times more part timers then full how could this be our fault. We vote for what believe is important. You should as well and get others to vote with you

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok so..I have been qualified for a month and was waiting for this "$22.75" so I go to management today and they said that that was the old contract. And now I stay at 18.75 for a year. and then next year I get $19.75..!?!

what the hell... is any of this actually written down that I can see for my self. Like in the contract or something..

Any drivers that have recently qualified what are you currently making?

Article 41 Section 2 NMUPSA 2002-2008

c. The progression for employees entering a package car driving or feeder position after
August 1, 2002 shall be as follows:

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75
Twelve (12) months $16.80
Twenty-four months (24) $18.90
Thirty (30) months (current top rate)

Article 41 Section 2 NMUPSA 2008-2013

(c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2008 shall be as
follows:

Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
Twelve (12) months $18.45
Twenty-four (24) months $20.75
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate

Article 41 Section 2 NMUPSA 2013-2018

(c.) The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) after August 1, 2013 shall be as follows:

Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

Part-time employees on the payroll as the beginning date of the contract who subsequently are promoted to fulltime employment under this progression, will be red circled until such time as the calculated
progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for
purposes of applying the above progression.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Really!??!!? When i started driving 20 years ago, I made top rate in 2 years and it was $19.76/hour. And you're bummed about only making a dollar less per hour?!?!? In 4 years you'll be making over $90k. You'll survive.

When i first saw that progression went from 2 years to 3 years, then to 3.5, then to 4 years, I was a little bummed for the newer drivers. In the ned I thought it was pretty realistic. Why should you make $90k in 2 years when we were making half of that at TR 20 years ago? I made $41k+OT at TR. Was pretty happy to make that without college degree. And to make $90k now without a college degree, I'm pretty damn satisfied. I have friends with Master's Degrees who make half of that. $40k is still a good amount of money especially when you know that you'll be making more than double that in 4 years.
That makes no sense at all.