Driving I guess

Chaos

I Am The Devil
Hey Everyone

So I applied to be a package handler about a month ago, I’m a glutton for punishment, but with the lack of discipline for traditional college I need a career that I have a chance at making real money after putting some time in.

Long story short, I did the tour which was as expected. Got called in for the interview and the HR person decides to pass my app along to another HR person since I’ve been driving for FedEx contractor for the last 4 years. Two weeks go by and they call me for interview to which the HR person forgot and left before I got there. So we marginally spoke on the phone and she emailed me dot clinics. Dot is nothing, can drive any truck they have manual/auto, size matters not, so driving test will be easy. Any ideas as to what job they are hiring me for? I’ve read the forums here and seems there are many positions from pt/seasonal/contract. Really not interested in contract. Provided it’s a cover deal will that give me an opportunity to move forward? Am I better off to go warehouse?

I’m good at my job, 40 is rounding the corner and I’m okay with brutalizing my body and working ridiculous hours as I have no kids (ever) and I’m divorced with zero plans of ever making that mistake again. Like the job itself, thrive under maximum pressure, figure I should try for the better pay?

My fed route has 120 - 150 a day with 11 p/u right now. First stop at 9 back in hub at 6. Hours fluctuate plus or minus.

I want to make the switch because honestly my pay doesn’t even compare to my friends that drive for Ups and no benefits/retirement.

They are being super vague which is a red flag for me. I could stay where I’m at renegotiate but still not great. Love to hear from ya. Thanks.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
I guess my next question is should I even bother?

Can it lead to other opportunities or are they bringing me in to supplement the driving force through peak?

Chaos

I Am The Devil
I’m not looking for anything definitive, especially on a forum. I suppose I’m asking you from your own experiences. If I do it and make a positive impression I guess anything is possible but I’m numbers guy as well. If 100% seasonal get dropped always it’s an easy decision but if that percentage is 99% I’ll probably take my chances.

Indecisi0n

I’m not looking for anything definitive, especially on a forum. I suppose I’m asking you from your own experiences. If I do it and make a positive impression I guess anything is possible but I’m numbers guy as well. If 100% seasonal get dropped always it’s an easy decision but if that percentage is 99% I’ll probably take my chances.
You never know with this place. Just when you think something is right it changes. Ask @Gumby , he took a preload chick out on a date and she ended up having a penis.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
So swing driver it is. 30 days probation and up to 120 days to actually get those 30 knocked out.

Hub I’m going to, services all the areas that my boss services now. So on the plus side no matter what routes I’ll be covering I know the areas.

On HD aka home delivery was doing 350 per day during peak

On ground Maybe 200 a day with pickups

Hopefully with flawless execution I’ll get hired in when probation is over....