Drop Out of Your 401k

LTFedExer

vantexan said:
Just pointing out that there's something millions of employees could do to fight back being pushed out of the middle class.
And that would be? You can forget about stopping 401K contribution's, it wouldn't work.
vantexan said:
I just don't get why you presume to put words in my mouth?
I put no words in your mouth. My comment about always wanting more goes to human nature. Doesn't matter if you're a minimum wage worker or a CEO making $50M/year, you will always want more.

vantexan

And that would be? You can forget about stopping 401K contribution's, it wouldn't work.I put no words in your mouth. My comment about always wanting more goes to human nature. Doesn't matter if you're a minimum wage worker or a CEO making $50M/year, you will always want more.
Would to would to...with inflation you'll eventually need more, but I'm more concerned with having enough. Enough to see my Filipina wife and kids through when I'm gone, enough to not go hungry, enough to live my life in peace and quiet. Won't happen here, and it's not worth any more time than necessary to meet my goals. Working until I'm 70 to just exist for the benefit of this company is definitely not worth it TO ME. Nor for any other company as without some special skill that a company will pay you well for you just trade one set of problems for another jumping ship. I'm glad you are happy with FedEx because you will need to work for them a very long time.

LTFedExer

vantexan said:
Won't happen here, and it's not worth any more time than necessary to meet my goals. Working until I'm 70 to just exist for the benefit of this company is definitely not worth it TO ME. Nor for any other company as without some special skill that a company will pay you well for you just trade one set of problems for another jumping ship.
If that's how you really feel, then you SHOULD leave. If I felt the way you do, I would have left a long time ago, maybe even gone back to school. Now.......you'll say it's to late, but it's not.

vantexan

If that's how you really feel, then you SHOULD leave. If I felt the way you do, I would have left a long time ago, maybe even gone back to school. Now.......you'll say it's to late, but it's not.
I had my goal, to get that pension and move overseas. They took that away, and it really is too late to do much about it. Will settle for getting by overseas as opposed to working here just to pay the much higher cost of living. But I'll have to put off some plans until Social Security kicks in. You might wonder why not just stay here and work? I seriously almost died in January, changes one's perspective. If I'm looking at a future of 3.2% raises then I won't be much better off 7 or 8 years from now, so what's the point. If things don't work out I can always come back to the States and do whatever. But highly unlikely, if for no other reason in taking pleasure in Brett and Cachsux still humping for a living! ;^D

I haven`t humped in 15 years. Will be humping even less in 9 years when I walk out the door.

While you`re away,Van, pick up some skills from the locals and maybe I`ll let you mow my lawn.

Ah, that's right, you're a union worker.

No, I`m in feeder. I hump the boxes in 28`- 53` increments. If you`d stick with a job long enough you`d find out there`s this thing called "job opportunity" where you can take a position thats easier to do yet still pays nicely.

Bring a shovel. We`ll have some landscaping for you to do also.

brett636

Ah, that's right, you're a union worker.

No, I`m in feeder. I hump the boxes in 28`- 53` increments. If you`d stick with a job long enough you`d find out there`s this thing called "job opportunity" where you can take a position thats easier to do yet still pays nicely.

Bring a shovel. We`ll have some landscaping for you to do also.[/QUOTE]

I'll second the feeder comment. I can't remember the last time I handled a box. It's awesome.

Van- when your done with cachsux's yard you can do mine. It's only $1.50 bus ride from Chicago to Indy. This is assuming he approves of your work and you don't complain. ;)

I'll second the feeder comment. I can't remember the last time I handled a box. It's awesome.

Van- when your done with cachsux's yard you can do mine. It's only $1.50 bus ride from Chicago to Indy. This is assuming he approves of your work and you don't complain. ;)

I think he`ll do a pretty good job. He`s already shoveled 15 pages of bull here.

vantexan

I have a/c, so cold I have to turn it off sometimes. Colder than what you`ll have working for Juan Valdez picking Folgers.
Yep, just as I said, the UPS drivers delivering pkgs in trucks with no AC are the ones earning that good pay. Really gets under your skin about living overseas, huh? Don't worry, I'll still be paying taxes to the good ol' USA. Just not much, low income and all. By the way, I plan to go to the Philippines when I'm around 60 to find a wife, unless I find one wherever I'm living. Our children, as U.S. citizens, will each be entitled to a monthly Social Security payment equal to half of my full SS payment, even if I take SS early at 62. Until they're 18, or 19 if still in high school. Limit is 180% of full SS payment per family. Was planning to move there at 52 but FedEx terminated the plan. So I'll wait, and let SS help me pay for my family. Of course with current conditions that entitlement might go away, but it's been the case for decades and I don't hear any talk yet of it being stopped. Assuming it doesn't, that plus my own SS plus my pension should gross at least $3500 a month. Not much by your standards but that's great money overseas. Does it matter? Heck yeah, my wife and kids will be taken care of after I'm gone. Kid's payments go up to 75% of my full SS each after I die. After having my income slowed to a walk and getting a much lower pension I will gladly take whatever the gov't is offering.

Yep, just as I said, the UPS drivers delivering pkgs in trucks with no AC are the ones earning that good pay.
Took my turn in the hot box. Now I have a/c. :P

Really gets under your skin about living overseas, huh?

Nope, not at all. Have fun. It will mean one less of you here.

Don't worry, I'll still be paying taxes to the good ol' USA. Just not much, low income and all.

Thanks......or Gracias

By the way, I plan to go to the Philippines when I'm around 60 to find a wife, unless I find one wherever I'm living.

No chance. Women can`t stand your level of bitching.

Our children, as U.S. citizens, will each be entitled to a monthly Social Security payment equal to half of my full SS payment, even if I take SS early at 62. Until they're 18, or 19 if still in high school. Limit is 180% of full SS payment per family. Was planning to move there at 52 but FedEx terminated the plan. So I'll wait, and let SS help me pay for my family. Of course with current conditions that entitlement might go away, but it's been the case for decades and I don't hear any talk yet of it being stopped. Assuming it doesn't, that plus my own SS plus my pension should gross at least $3500 a month. Not much by your standards but that's great money overseas. Does it matter? Heck yeah, my wife and kids will be taken care of after I'm gone. Kid's payments go up to 75% of my full SS each after I die. After having my income slowed to a walk and getting a much lower pension I will gladly take whatever the gov't is offering.

Amazing. You whine in epic proportions about whats going on in the country UNTIL you find the loophole that benefits you. Then, like a welfare mom, you`re gonna pop out some extra dependents to pad the check. Thats gonna make more of a burden on the tax paying poor people you were crying about earlier in the thread but the money is coming TO you so it`s ok.
Of course your third hairbrain scheme actually depends on someone having sex with you to produce said children so we should be pretty safe there.

Bon Voyage, TexiKlein

vantexan

I knew you would enjoy that...thank goodness for the Philippines, where 70 year olds marry 19 yr olds all the time...there's a reason the largest SS office outside of the U.S. is attached to our embassy in Manila. Hey, I was all set to quit at 52 with a 25 year pension, but we go with the hand we're dealt...you seem to be the only one bitching, I'm making the most of what's available. Thank goodness for high income folk like you, you pay more into SS...hee hee hee...

vantexan

P.S. Poor people pay little in taxes. And as you and others have no qualms about people getting pushed out of the middle class, if your taxes benefit us then good for us.

brett636

First it was South America, now its the Phillipines. Are you sure you know where you want to live?

Either way move to wherever you wish, as long as it makes you happy I don't care. As far as I'm concerned I will live where I don't have to worry about taking Malaria pills or catching some water borne parasite from bathing in a river. I'll just have to survive off of my massive retirement savings I've accumulated for living like a responsible human being. Goodluck to you!