Drug Screening Account Executive

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks. I just can't find any specifics online as far as type of test and which positions are most commonly tested. I don't know if UPS ever does any hair follicle testing. I'm just seeking the answers so i can plan for them.
Unless you are going to driving a vehicle on public highways, there is little chance or need for a drug test to be administered.
If you use medical marijuana with an Rx then I would assume UPS would not disqualify you for a logistics or sales job.
It's too expensive and not necessary from a Risk Management POV to test you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1424832754.039344.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So what you are saying is don't do something illegal unless you think it's ok.

You're right. From now on I drive drunk because you know what. I like being able to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about getting my car.

You're telling me they have no type of medicine that can help you other than illegal drugs?
You realize, of course, that marijuana is legal, even for recreational use, in some states.

If he lives in one of these states, it is not an illegal drug.

And further, you realize, of course, that alcohol was illegal at one time.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Umm...sounds like the OP is doing legal drugs.
Maybe you should stop paying attention to the facts and just judge him like these other jokers. Bet if he took one of the dozens of other legal pain killers they'd have no nasty, ignorant comments. I mean really, Norco is legal and gets you more high than any plant species could ever. But the evil, dreaded, demon weed..... It must be banned!!!!!! You gentle men (and women) crack me up! And before anyone says anything, when I mention crack, I'm not referring to the delightful rocks that make your teeth fall out and makes you act like management.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I'm not 100 percent sure so don't quote me I'm a driver and I was DOT drug screened twice before being hired but I know the new admin here was drug screened for pre employment, I think many employers do pre employment drug screen, drivers hands down must be DOT screened but I would imagine it would be beneficial for you to just assume that you'll be drug screened for pre employment dude, do what ya gotta do to pee clean....although sarcastic I agree with posts in here though about just don't do drugs and ull never worry, I know u said u smoke medically but like someone said, I'd see a dr for alternative medications, pot has social stereotypes and bad stigmas unfortunately and even though it might be legal, I'd imagine most "big boy" adult jobs will not like if if ur Tokin up for whatever reasons.... And I'd recommend NOT asking HR about medical marijuana, but that's just me good luck

Get me a steward

So what you are saying is don't do something illegal unless you think it's ok.

You're right. From now on I drive drunk because you know what. I like being able to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about getting my car.

You're telling me they have no type of medicine that can help you other than illegal drugs?
This analogy sounds like something a supervisor made up cause it makes no :censored2:in sense

standtall

Y
I'm not 100 percent sure so don't quote me I'm a driver and I was DOT drug screened twice before being hired but I know the new admin here was drug screened for pre employment, I think many employers do pre employment drug screen, drivers hands down must be DOT screened but I would imagine it would be beneficial for you to just assume that you'll be drug screened for pre employment dude, do what ya gotta do to pee clean....although sarcastic I agree with posts in here though about just don't do drugs and ull never worry, I know u said u smoke medically but like someone said, I'd see a dr for alternative medications, pot has social stereotypes and bad stigmas unfortunately and even though it might be legal, I'd imagine most "big boy" adult jobs will not like if if ur Tokin up for whatever reasons.... And I'd recommend NOT asking HR about medical marijuana, but that's just me good luck
Yes definitely! Seek a DR. for other alternative prescription narcotics that are almost surely going to be more harmful to you than marijuana, that way we can continue to propagate the ridiculous social stereotypes that are so prevalent about it's legitimate medical benefits. Cut it out already!!!

J

jibbs

You realize, of course, that marijuana is legal, even for recreational use, in some states.

If he lives in one of these states, it is not an illegal drug.

And further, you realize, of course, that alcohol was illegal at one time.

My friend, I'd like to refer you to the United States' Constitution's Supremacy Clause.

Basically, while it's perfectly acceptable for state-level and federal-level laws to conflict, federal law will always supersede state law.

Federally, marijuana is still scheduled. Therefore, even states that've legalized and decriminalized it are still at the mercy of the federal government should it choose to try to prolong prohibition.

So yeah, until they remove it from the list of scheduled substances, even when weed's legal, the :censored2: just ain't legal. It's kind of :censored2:ed up when you think about it.

ch317273

Y

Yes definitely! Seek a DR. for other alternative prescription narcotics that are almost surely going to be more harmful to you than marijuana, that way we can continue to propagate the ridiculous social stereotypes that are so prevalent about it's legitimate medical benefits. Cut it out already!!!
Whoa take it easy there Rachel maddow didn't mean narcotic I was just trying to give an educated non sarcastic response , not start a debate over whether or not marijuana is better than other drugs or medication, there might just be non narcotic medication options that might not hinder u from failing a drug test! Whether right or wrong, the point is marijuana by many is still considered taboo in most work places

ch317273

I happen to think marijuana is better than many opiate narcotic pain pills however a.) there are non narcotic, non addicting options that MIgHt be available to the poster and b.) marijuana carries a stigma, whether we like it or not, maybe one day that will change but just for today, many still view marihuana as a drug that will prevent a person from employment

standtall

My friend, I'd like to refer you to the United States' Constitution's Supremacy Clause.

Basically, while it's perfectly acceptable for state-level and federal-level laws to conflict, federal law will always supersede state law.

Federally, marijuana is still scheduled. Therefore, even states that've legalized and decriminalized it are still at the mercy of the federal government should it choose to try to prolong prohibition.

So yeah, until they remove it from the list of scheduled substances, even when weed's legal, the :censored2: just ain't legal. It's kind of :censored2:ed up when you think about it.
And like many laws in our great nation, if the federal government makes a decision to turn there back and agree not to pursue any individual or organization for growing distributing, or consuming a specific substance for the reason of State sovereignty, the law is effectively null and void. The states that have adopted various laws and regulations concerning the use of this narcotic have been assured that this is the case by the ATF. Now the question is, do you trust the federal government. I'll plead the fifth amendment on that question.