Drug Screening Account Executive

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I just love the people who are so against drugs, especially pot. I think alcohol is much worse than pot, in every way possible.

I think as the days move forward the Feds will continue to back off in the states that are legal. Personally, I think pot should be legalized on the Federal level.

Yes, I used to smoke it damn near everyday. Now that I've retired, I find that I can't really afford to smoke it at the level I used to. It's getting very expensive, especially "doctor grade" stuff. Some of it is better than 20% THC nowadays which can and will knock the socks off most people who're not used to that great of a grade. Continue on...

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I just love the people who are so against drugs, especially pot. I think alcohol is much worse than pot, in every way possible.

I think as the days move forward the Feds will continue to back off in the states that are legal. Personally, I think pot should be legalized on the Federal level.

Yes, I used to smoke it damn near everyday. Now that I've retired, I find that I can't really afford to smoke it at the level I used to. It's getting very expensive, especially "doctor grade" stuff. Some of it is better than 20% THC nowadays which can and will knock the socks off most people who're not used to that great of a grade. Continue on...
People can't "afford" a coke habit, or a heroin habit, u need to work on your money management skills Pop, my 12 year old nephew supports a pot habit on his 10 buck a day lunch money, I'm sure if u put ur mind to it you can meet a more cost effective source, or if all else plant some of your own behind your camper, ur retired, u got plenty of time to cultivate

Johney

People can't "afford" a coke habit, or a heroin habit, u need to work on your money management skills Pop, my 12 year old nephew supports a pot habit on his 10 buck a day lunch money, I'm sure if u put ur mind to it you can meet a more cost effective source, or if all else plant some of your own behind your camper, ur retired, u got plenty of time to cultivate
$10 a day for school lunch? I sure hope you're kidding.

ch317273

The Feds or individual state governments might or might not back off pot, should be interesting to see over time how this decades old issue plays out over time, but I bet dollars to doughnuts regarding employment things will likely not change for a loooong time if ever, if u want a decent job you'll likely not be able to spark up a joint in this lifetime, and I'm not anti pot, I'm just being realistic, and being a driver, forget it, you'll have to wait for retirement, especially with the inaccurate testing methods for when a person last smoked, it's not like a breathalyzer where cops pull u over and can detect pretty accurately If your under influence, that's why I don't see pot being allowed as a driver, or in many non driving jobs, would create a new legal nightmare, with roomfulls of paperwork to say the least

ch317273

image.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As Xexys said the medical grade high THC stuff like Sour D or Northern Lights will run you $400 - 800 an ounce depending on where you live and how close to the source you buy. The Mexican stuff you might get for $100 - 150 even though it has changed hands several times but it is not very high in THC (6-10%).
Some of the medical grade stuff has less than 2% THC but very high levels of CBD which is the component that helps so many with their pain. I am going to Colorado in August and I plan to try high CBD / low THC for my arthritis. I don't like getting stoned on THC and I take 2 pills for arthritis which I have concerns about on long-term side effects.

ch317273

As Xexys said the medical grade high THC stuff like Sour D or Northern Lights will run you $400 - 800 an ounce depending on where you live and how close to the source you buy. The Mexican stuff you might get for $100 - 150 even though it has changed hands several times but it is not very high in THC (6-10%).
Some of the medical grade stuff has less than 2% THC but very high levels of CBD which is the component that helps so many with their pain. I am going to Colorado in August and I plan to try high CBD / low THC for my arthritis. I don't like getting stoned on THC and I take 2 pills for arthritis which I have concerns about on long-term side effects.
Nice have a good trip hope it helps, I was at camp Pendleton I lived in San diego tried the medical stuff was good, but paid 120/oz for non med stuff which did the trick just fine, that was 11 years ago though, and I know here in ny u won't break ur bank account smoking decent bud

ch317273

I'd get an eight and smoke a nice fatty every night for the week, I wasn't walking around smoking all day all night

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The Feds or individual state governments might or might not back off pot, should be interesting to see over time how this decades old issue plays out over time, but I bet dollars to doughnuts regarding employment things will likely not change for a loooong time if ever, if u want a decent job you'll likely not be able to spark up a joint in this lifetime, and I'm not anti pot, I'm just being realistic, and being a driver, forget it, you'll have to wait for retirement, especially with the inaccurate testing methods for when a person last smoked, it's not like a breathalyzer where cops pull u over and can detect pretty accurately If your under influence, that's why I don't see pot being allowed as a driver, or in many non driving jobs, would create a new legal nightmare, with roomfulls of paperwork to say the least
The feds already backed off on medical marijuana. Recreational use will be next.

But I agree. It will be like concealed carry. It will be up to the employers to determine if having THC in your system is grounds for discharge.

Alcohol is legal. But it is a dischargable offense to have it in your system at many workplaces.

They may have a cutoff point for the amount of THC in your system, but most employers will not allow it at all if the feds agree.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They're not illegal.
Wrong. Just because some states allow it does not repeal the Federal laws making it illegal. I'm not getting involved in a pot debate, but bottom line is regardless of whether the DEA is choosing to enforce the law or not, it is still illegal at this moment in time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

I never said I'm "against" pot. George Washington grew it and I don't see it as a huge deal as long as you're not getting baked then climbing behind the wheel. My response was to the OP's initial post worrying about a drug test as I'm tired of the 40,000 threads we're seeing on this in the recent months (the initial post didn't specify which drug anyway). If people are concerned about getting a job, don't do illegal drugs.

wayfair

swollen member
Some of the medical grade stuff has less than 2% THC but very high levels of CBD which is the component that helps so many with their pain. I am going to Colorado in August and I plan to try high CBD / low THC for my arthritis.

lol..

is there a list of names for your "medical grade" stuff???

all the names I have seen at dispensaries are up to 20% thc

Catatonic

Nine Lives
lol..

is there a list of names for your "medical grade" stuff???

all the names I have seen at dispensaries are up to 20% thc
Charlotte’s Web and Avidekel.

Charlotte’s Web is the highest CBD strain in the world. It contains 20% CBD and less than 0.5% THC.

Avidekel was developed by the government of Israel and is dispensed as a licensed drug there.

The US government FDA has granted GW Pharmaceuticals permission to investigate the development of high CBD and low THC content marijuana.

Last edited: