Drug Screening Account Executive

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Vote republican for smaller government then, bc the liberals wanna be all up in your sheit ..... I don't think the original poster wanted to turn the thread into a political debate here, we should continue this discussion in another forum perhaps

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I happen to think marijuana is better than many opiate narcotic pain pills however a.) there are non narcotic, non addicting options that MIgHt be available to the poster and b.) marijuana carries a stigma, whether we like it or not, maybe one day that will change but just for today, many still view marihuana as a drug that will prevent a person from employment
But that was my entire point. Many view it as that. The only way to overcome that stigma is to normalize its use a legitimate and beneficial substance , which it is. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a maniac, but if I was a maniac, I bet pot would calm me done.

ch317273

But that was my entire point. Many view it as that. The only way to overcome that stigma is to normalize its use a legitimate and beneficial substance , which it is. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a maniac, but if I was a maniac, I bet pot would calm me done.
lol I hear ya, and I agree pot stigma is bad and should be changed , as soon as I retire I'm going to colorado

undies

I have rheumatiod arthritis and have been in package for 27 yrs. I take Osteo Biflex and deal with the pain. I have just one question. Would you smoke if it didnt make you high?
I would! When I used to smoke, it helped with my back pain and getting to sleep through the night! Thankfully PT and exercise has lowered the overall pain so I can manage without.

542thruNthru

You realize, of course, that marijuana is legal, even for recreational use, in some states.

If he lives in one of these states, it is not an illegal drug.

And further, you realize, of course, that alcohol was illegal at one time.

You realize of course that federal law trumps state law.

Yes I know alcohol once was illegal. I know the analogy is extreme but the point still stands. It's against the law. Just because you feel it's ok doesn't mean you can do it or should.

ch317273

Yes I know alcohol once was illegal. I know the analogy is extreme but the point still stands. It's against the law. Just because you feel it's ok doesn't mean you can do it or should.
Yeah and I think the point is whether you think pot is bad or good or should be legal and not shunned is not gonna change the fact that ya most likely won't be able to get a job if you smoke pot for ANY reason, legitimate or illegitimate, it's just the way it is, such is life, the way it is at this current juncture in history..... And getting back to original post, chances are You will have a Pre employment drug test, most companies whether your driving or not, do conduct Pre employment drug screens... The political pot debate has been going on for decades now and even though some states whatever, legalized it or whatever they did , I know I can't smoke weed, the pay at ups more than compensates for me not tokin up

Catatonic

Nine Lives
soooo, where did the original "null" come from???

the only change when quoting you, was putting "photog is rife with ignorance"
Oh I see now.
You are ignorant on where to respond to a post.
You are suppose to put your response after the last "QUOTE]" ... not within it. LMAO

J

jibbs

They're not illegal.

Depends on who ya ask. :-)

(For the record, I'm 100% for the legalization, regulation and taxation of cannabis. I just also happen to know the reality of the situation.)

[EDIT:

hohohohoho sunnuvabitch.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-medical-pot-20141216-story.html

The administration has made this promise before and broken it repeatedly-- but they never made it in a Congressional-approved spending bill.

I'm not sure this so much changes the plant's legal status as it does the departmental authorization of governmental agents to pursue users/distributors/manufacturers of the plant in applicable states, though.

Either way, I'm glad I learned something here today.]

Last edited by a moderator:

wayfair

swollen member
Oh I see now.
You are ignorant on where to respond to a post.
You are suppose to put your response after the last "QUOTE]" ... not within it. LMAO

I didn't respond to your post, I changed the most important word in your sentence....

and to think you're a staff member... smh

clean hairy

When asked what drugs you are taking prior to the test, since wacky tabaccy is legal where you are, you should inform the company, otherwise, if found in your system and you did not make it known ahead of time, they could have a problem with that.

oldngray

nowhere special
Life-Hacks-12.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Yes I do. But do you see the feds doing anything about it? They are sitting back and allowing states to decide on their own. The feds tried to take on 1 state, but as more legalize it, they are backing down.

Alcohol is the same as pot. They both have a high potential for dependency and no accepted medical use. What is the difference? The Controlled Substance Act that the feds are not even enforcing anymore. Pot is on it, alcohol is not.

If you are in a state, follow that states law. It is legal in some states, so have at it.

You see, the feds realize what will happen if they try and enforce the Controlled Substances Act in states where they made it legal. It will not be pretty. And as more states make it legal, the feds will have no choice but to remove it from the CSA.