Drug test

Saltybrownie

How is it that we’ve had a few drivers in our center that have had accidents happen and no drug testing has been done what’s the procedure for them to drug test?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How is it that we’ve had a few drivers in our center that have had accidents happen and no drug testing has been done what’s the procedure for them to drug test?

Someone on here already has that avatar. Second, if UPS really cared about the drivers being on drugs, they would test them before they hired them. This is the only job I know that pays so well but hires tweakers, stoners, and drunks. Maybe when one of these drivers kills a busload of people, things will change. Until then no one cares.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Second, if UPS really cared about the drivers being on drugs, they would test them before they hired them

They do, at least here in order to get a DOT card you have to piss in a cup. 1 of these days I'ma gonna get the hot nurse to hold "it" for my test!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They do, at least here in order to get a DOT card you have to piss in a cup. 1 of these days I'ma gonna get the hot nurse to hold "it" for my test!
Unless your area is completely different from the rest of UPS, the whizzquiz is only to test for diabetic conditions not drugs.

UrFellowUpser

It is interesting that they dont though I never been drug tested the 4yrs I've been here. You would think they test us package car drivers making all this money but no just for reasonable cause. They do randoms on feeder drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unless your area is completely different from the rest of UPS, the whizzquiz is only to test for diabetic conditions not drugs.

So wrong! The DOT exam does NOT, in any way, test for diabetes!

You're mistaken. The test is for proteins in your urine not for drugs. Also @scooby0048 is correct it's for a wide rang of health issues but also for diabetes. (This is not the same for CDL holders . They I believe take a drug test every DOT. )

Urine Protein Test: Purpose, Procedure, and Preparation
Ummm they are checking for diabetes not drugs.

Hmmm I wonder who is wrong here...

UrFellowUpser

When i took my urinalysis i proceeded to take items out my pockets but the lady told me its not a drug test they where looking for some other stuff i forgot what it was

542thruNthru

As a union member you shouldn't be welcoming the discharge of other members. If that's some thing you're interested in I'd suggest turning in your letter to become management.

If you're interested in the rules for Drugs/Alcohol. Start at page 95 of the NMA and work your way down.