Drugs through UPS...

demetriddp

abomination of nature
I've been wondering if someone hypethetically sent drugs through UPS, what kind of risk is there to it being found?

Do any law enforcement agencies do routine checks with drug sniffing dogs to scan the packages?

Loco170Brownie

This is just an odd post, why would you even want to know?

I don't know about other buildings but we have the State Troopers here at least one time a week with drug sniffing dogs. You would be surprised how they can find a needle in a haystack so to speak.

:greedy: Is it worth it? I think not

demetriddp

abomination of nature
This is just an odd post, why would you even want to know?

I don't know about other buildings but we have the State Troopers here at least one time a week with drug sniffing dogs. You would be surprised how they can find a needle in a haystack so to speak.

:greedy: Is it worth it? I think not

ahhhhh so they do it. Thanks a lot for that information. That's exactly what I've been wondering about.

some drugs of course don't give off any scents..... :smart:

barnyard

KTM rider
When the drug dog comes to our center, it is always to check specific cars. We also have a couple of routes where the po po have asked us to car them when specific addresses get packages

TB

barnyard

KTM rider
annnd if you are shipping drugs, don't pack them into computer towers and ship. It's been done to death around here.

TB

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a true story and happened last month. Kid had some drugs shipped to him. We have 2 drivers who deliver to his town and he stopped the first one that he saw to ask if he had his pkg. Driver said no but thought something didn't seem right so called the other driver to alert him. Sure enough, kid finds other driver but unfortunately for the kid the cops had found the other driver first and set up a sting. The driver delivered the pkg, got an autograph, and then the cops did their thing.

As far as the coffee grounds myth, we had the drug dogs come through and they alerted on a pkg. It was a bowling ball that had been drilled, stuffed w/pot, plugged, and then surrounded by coffee grounds. Same deal, cops set up a sting, driver delivered, got autograph, consignee arrested.

Obviously we can't catch all of the drugs that go through our system but we catch enough to act as a deterrent.

demetriddp

abomination of nature
but marijuana is easier to find for the dogs cause it stinks the most I thought. The other drugs don't give off such a potent scent.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have seen the county police bring dogs into my Hub and look for drugs. I think they were training them, they just do it sporadically.

I remember one morning about twenty years ago, we were standing behind our package cars with Next Day Air coming down the belt. A big box of shrink wrapped pot came down the belt, it was so obvious we couldn't believe it. You could smell it, it was so strong. My OnCar Supe was a former Atlanta Policeman, they got the call on that one.

I also made several strange deliveries while doing EAMs. A couple of times I pulled up to houses that were up for sale or they looked empty. Someone would be sitting in a car in the driveway waiting for it. I would just say good morning and DR it as "met man". I also had another where I pulled into a carwash at 6:45 AM and a van was sitting there. The label had that street address on it, but was addressed to a different type business. The guy gets out and came to me, I ask "Are you Mr. "Smith?"
He signed for it and I drove off. These EAMs were in bad neighborhoods, I'm not going to get shot over box. I figure its none of my business whats in the box, I don't worry about it.

sano

I guess the Brown Cafe is like any other community.
Now we even have our own resident drug dealer.
It actually isn't a surprise that we catch some drugs going thru the system. Some of them are pretty obvious. I guess people that do and sell drugs tend not to have a very good desision making prosess... who'd a thought?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wow, stupid stoners I guess

Anybody that does any kind of drugs is stupid. Too bad some people have to have a chemical high to think they are happy. Their problems are still there when the drug wears off, they just have less money and more problems.

demetriddp

abomination of nature
I guess the Brown Cafe is like any other community.
Now we even have our own resident drug dealer.
It actually isn't a surprise that we catch some drugs going thru the system. Some of them are pretty obvious. I guess people that do and sell drugs tend not to have a very good desision making prosess... who'd a thought?

good point, a lot of druggies out there are pretty stupid.

demetriddp

abomination of nature
Anybody that does any kind of drugs is stupid. Too bad some people have to have a chemical high to think they are happy. Their problems are still there when the drug wears off, they just have less money and more problems.

And anti-depresants are any different? prozac, zoloft, lexapro, xanax, etc. But of course the government tells us those drugs are ok for us to have....

It's a debatable issue, but I'm not going to get into it here.