dumbest message you got on your DIAD

terrymac

Years ago, got a message: is Willie riding with you. a generic message going to 120 drivers, Willie is a sup. doing a ride with someone. Later in the day I send a text back, " did you find your Willie?".. They text back later they had found their Wiillie... I couldnt resist,, I text back " I know where my Willie is at." I got called in the office the next morning, the boss , with a hard copy, asking me to explain..still got the print out, maybe Il try to post it...........

dillweed

Years ago, got a message: is Willie riding with you. a generic message going to 120 drivers, Willie is a sup. doing a ride with someone. Later in the day I send a text back, " did you find your Willie?".. They text back later they had found their Wiillie... I couldnt resist,, I text back " I know where my Willie is at." I got called in the office the next morning, the boss , with a hard copy, asking me to explain..still got the print out, maybe Il try to post it...........
:lol: that's funny. And no way should they have called you in. You did nothing wrong and it was their own filthy minds that made it dirty.

I actually thought you were leading up to "Little willy willy won't go home, you can't make willy go willy won't go. Anyone remember that one?

jware

The One That Cracks Me Up The Most Is The, Are You Going To Be Under 9.5, When They Dispatch You With 11 And 12 Hours Of Work. Then When You Say No They Want To Know Why.

Brownnblue

I'm going to have to set this one up.

A number of years ago, during what was probably the worst peak I ever experienced, I came out of a stop and noticed the most ominous dark sky I've ever seen. About five minutes later, at about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, the heavens open up. Usually when someone says whiteout conditions, it is something of an exaggeration. This time it was not. As a safety move, I just pulled over.

A few minutes I got this message
(Center Manager) says to keep moving. Be careful. We care about you.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Always a fan favorite in my centre: "How many done? How many left to go?
Last time I got this message was about a month ago and my response was: "Not many done, even less to go". Needless to say, I have yet to see this message again.

Another good one was a question about the 10 point commentarry which read: "Fill in the blank.....Leave yourself an _______". One guy responded: "Excuse"

satellitedriver

Always a fan favorite in my centre: "How many done? How many left to go?"
Thats everyday here, right at 2:30pm. No matter what info I put in, I get not response back.
Sometimes, I put in a ridiculous return to building time( I am a satellite driver. I do not return to the building) just to see if they respond.
They never do.

DS

Fenderbender
last week I got this one...very important!!!! cust at ***** needs his pkg tr#1Z****************ASAP....me...I don't have this pkg...5 min later....when will you be able to deliver this pkg?...me...never...
them...NEVER! why not?...me ...see txt msg number 1

dudebro

ME: "REVIZED ETA 10PM NEED HELP"

THEM: "You said you would be in earlier. How can this happen?"

ME: "ETA ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRRIVAL"

I have an easier one for you (pre PAS, hopefully).
ME: You said I had 125 stops. Why are there 160 stops back here?

wornoutupser

I was running the night airport shuttle with a full load of airs and I had just left the building. The center manager sends me a message to " pull over and await furthur instructions".

I did- and I was still there 30 minutes later despite calling the center,the center manager and the division manager directly.

The entire load of NXDA and Intl missed the plane-the center manager was sacked-and my cell phone records kept my job!

Lobofan5

Our centers last midday OMS sent out a mass message once. it said to please pull over and check you car for tracking numer 1z..................... if you find it call the center. that was it no address or consignee just a generic track number:thumbup1:

Winner, winner.....chicken dinner.

dillweed

When air driving I hated How R U doing? I'd reply OK which isn't what they wanted. They'd have to message back to ask how many stops were left. :devil:

SmithBarney

Oh I remember one, I was told to go meet a driver at a intersection:

"GO Meet driver at XYZ intersection"

I respond "OK will go meet driver at intersection"

I drove there and waited 1hr(possibly longer) with no
cell or diad service for messaging... finally the drive showed up
I took his stuff, and he asked how long I'd been there..
OMS forgot to tell me to be there at a certain time.

Another great one, is I was stuck in snow
cell phone was dead so I messaged in
that "I needed a tow truck",
they said "ok will send a truck". about 30 minutes go by
I sent another message, asking "when will the tow truck would be here?"
they said "about 20 minutes.."
So I sat there, and well fell asleep bundled up
in all my winter gear, I woke up about
45 minutes later to a beep that said
"how are you doing now..."
"Umm freezing, and still stuck, where is the tow truck."
"Your stuck again?"
"NO TOW TRUCK, I'm still in same spot"

Well all in all I sat there for about 3 hours during peak
I was about 10 minutes out of town, about 20 from the
center... thank god they never came out to see where
I got stuck it was ugly.(but I was chained up, so I had that in my favor)

I did run the truck from time to time for heat... so it wasn't completely unbearable.