duplicating stops.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What are the guidelines for duplicating a stop, and when can you take an extra stop for the same business.Im sure if you ask 10 sups there would be 10 different answers. I have always heard that if you go to a stop that has 5 boxes, but only deliver 4, when you find the 5th one and go back you have to dup the stop, your fault or preloads same difference. If you have air and ground that gets delivered to the same business at different times, then you can take an additional stop. I also have heard that if you go up to a house and "cant find" a stop in edd, then delite it out of your list, then find it later you have to dup the stop.(this sounds like bulshiit, because a stop was never originally made.)What happens if you go to a stop and suppose to have 5 pkgs and deliver 4, then later on the sup brings out the 5th pkg, can you take another stop for it???Seems like you should be able to.

brownrodster

What are the guidelines for duplicating a stop, and when can you take an extra stop for the same business.Im sure if you ask 10 sups there would be 10 different answers. I have always heard that if you go to a stop that has 5 boxes, but only deliver 4, when you find the 5th one and go back you have to dup the stop, your fault or preloads same difference. If you have air and ground that gets delivered to the same business at different times, then you can take an additional stop. I also have heard that if you go up to a house and "cant find" a stop in edd, then delite it out of your list, then find it later you have to dup the stop.(this sounds like bulshiit, because a stop was never originally made.)What happens if you go to a stop and suppose to have 5 pkgs and deliver 4, then later on the sup brings out the 5th pkg, can you take another stop for it???Seems like you should be able to.

If I go during Air then again during ground then it's 2 stops. Even if during air I gave them some ground. If the stop has no NDA and I find another package hiding on my truck and go back then it's DUP. I'm not on PAS but that's how I roll.

upsdude

We’ve been pcm’d to death over this. If you’re scanning a tracking number for the second time (same day) use duplicate. Example, closed on first attempt and a second attempt is made later in the day, hit duplicate.

We’re required to text in any “not found” packages from the stop. I guess that’s a GPS thing. Anyway, if you find them later and make service you’re not required to use the duplicate stop key.

I’ve had the pds sup walk up at the last minute and tell me to pull 10-15 stops and place them under the belt. Those stops will still be in my edd and I’ve been told to make a paper list and hand it to the pm oms prior to punching out. :thumbup1:

I think we have 55 districts, so I assume there are 55 different ways of using the duplicate key. :lol::lol:

DorkHead

If I have been there earlier and have to go back, no matter what the reason, it`s a dup stop. Are you really worried about the time allowance for one pkg? Service is what counts, no matter who`s fault. Now, if going back means you will miss a p/up or getting your air in on time then it`s recorded as a missed pkg. A message to your center should be sent. They will then OK your decision or advise you what they want you to do.

Raw

Raw Member
If you go to same stop a second time because of UPS fault ( misload, pkg on wrong car, etc... ) then it`s a duplicate, if customer requests another attempt later or a note on door asking to come back a second time etc... then it`s counted as another stop. UPS fault - DUPLICATE, customer request- ANOTHER STOP Also- a nda before comitt than another delivery later in day : 2 Stops

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I have been there earlier and have to go back, no matter what the reason, it`s a dup stop. Are you really worried about the time allowance for one pkg? Service is what counts, no matter who`s fault. Now, if going back means you will miss a p/up or getting your air in on time then it`s recorded as a missed pkg. A message to your center should be sent. They will then OK your decision or advise you what they want you to do.

mr dork, allowance has nothing to do with it. Getting called into the office one day and being "questioned" about something I didnt have 100% understanding of might have a little to do with it.

over9five

Staff member
Ask your sup to give a PCM on it, Coldworld. That way, everyone in your center gets the same info. As you can see, it's different everywhere (typical UPS).

Here, any time you go back, for any reason, it's a dup stop. The ONLY exception is Closed, NI, NM on a next day air that you later deliver with your grounds.

Do what they say, don't worry about paid over or SPOHR.

In the two districts (Washington, Prarie Mountain) I've worked in it's basicly the same. You can take only one stop for any ground package stop. Of course you can take one stop for the air and come back later for the ground (not a duplicate stop) Wheater you reattempt a ground or someone brings one out to you, if you deliver a ground to a stop you've already been to it's a duplicate. Although if you reattempt a nda it's not a duplicate...On my last day of work all my stops will be duplicate.:lol:

upsdude

In the two districts (Washington, Prarie Mountain) I've worked in it's basicly the same. You can take only one stop for any ground package stop. Of course you can take one stop for the air and come back later for the ground (not a duplicate stop) Wheater you reattempt a ground or someone brings one out to you, if you deliver a ground to a stop you've already been to it's a duplicate. Although if you reattempt a nda it's not a duplicate...On my last day of work all my stops will be duplicate.:lol:

If you re-attempt a NDA without hitting dup it will show late if it's after the commit time.

Situations like this is why I like working as instructed. :thumbup1:

N

not

upsdude, what manager told you that. Or you must be a manager because most managers do not know the intricacies of the Diad.

When I was in package,12 yrs ago, the rule of thumb from my sup was if the reason I had to go back was my fault it didn`t count as an additional stop. If it was the fault of anything else we wee allowed to count it as a new stop. Also if I was allowed to drop all packages and get a sig then it`s one stop but if I had to wait for an individual to take theirs,the next group to take theirs,etc,then it was a seperae stop for each.

That was the old way. Now it's a duplicate stop even if it's not your fault.

upsdude

upsdude, what manager told you that. Or you must be a manager because most managers do not know the intricacies of the Diad.

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m hourly, have been for 20 years.

We were told to hit dup for NDA re-attempts or it would come up late. I wasn’t going to try it without hitting dup to see what happens. We were also told to NEVER use “Customer Request” without first calling the center.

Here’s another flavor of the week. If we have ground and air and it’s getting close to commit time we’re to do the following. Scan the NDA and obtain a signature, hit stop complete. Then scan the ground, hit duplicate, and obtain a signature.

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m hourly, have been for 20 years.

We were told to hit dup for NDA re-attempts or it would come up late. I wasn’t going to try it without hitting dup to see what happens. We were also told to NEVER use “Customer Request” without first calling the center.

Here’s another flavor of the week. If we have ground and air and it’s getting close to commit time we’re to do the following. Scan the NDA and obtain a signature, hit stop complete. Then scan the ground, hit duplicate, and obtain a signature.

If you reattempt a nda it won't show up late unless you sheet as a different address the second time (or a different room #)

If it's your last air...Scan it first then scan the rest of the stop. The air won't be late as long as you scan it by by 10:30. There is no need to sheet the stop a second time. Management has reports for for the start of a stop and the end of the stop.

upsdude

If it's your last air...Scan it first then scan the rest of the stop. The air won't be late as long as you scan it by by 10:30. There is no need to sheet the stop a second time. Management has reports for for the start of a stop and the end of the stop.

I agree, we've been told to do it as I described. As I stated a few posts ago, 55 districts, 55 ways of doing things. I work as instructed.

I agree, we've been told to do it as I described. As I stated a few posts ago, 55 districts, 55 ways of doing things. I work as instructed.

Yes, you should work as instructed. I only work as instructed when mgmt. knows what they're talking about. For instance I was told never the prerecord a letter box. But if you have over 450 ASD's to scan. It takes a while. So I start at 4:30 scan for about 20 minutes, prerecord, do some more pick ups, scan some more, prerecord again, do more pick ups, and finish scaning at 5:30...stop complete.

CBUK

Its a feature of the diad I have never used and never been told to use.

Our on road record probably gets checked by somebody somewhere but these days unless you are doing something dramatically wrong there is very little feedback to the drivers.

Im sure a lot of our staff do so many things wrong its untrue. Management will look at our plan day stats and base run changes around the figures the driver has created. I know of several new starters who didnt know what a unit code was until I told them. This meant any overrides probably had the wrong unit code and all OCAs from despatch had a unit code of 9988 which is a default code on every OCA sent out. If you dont adjust it before completing the stop it wont register as a stop.

The problem we have now is we dont have a productivity bonus anymore and we operate on a standard hourly rate so getting the information right is not so important to the drivers who become lazy. This leads to more complaints from customers who get wise to the system and make claims that the driver went to the wrong address if he doesnt record it correctly.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes, you should work as instructed. I only work as instructed when mgmt. knows what they're talking about. For instance I was told never the prerecord a letter box. But if you have over 450 ASD's to scan. It takes a while. So I start at 4:30 scan for about 20 minutes, prerecord, do some more pick ups, scan some more, prerecord again, do more pick ups, and finish scaning at 5:30...stop complete.

ok, who has 450 letters in a letterbox. What customer would dump 450 letters in a box??How would 450 letters fit in a letterbox???

jlphotog

I've done a second stop at a ressi within minutes of the first and no one has said a word to me about it.

There have been a number of times I have written out an info notice, scanned it and hit stop complete, then someone opens the door. I do a second stop at that time.