EAM Driver 22.4

Imchar1

An EAM driver in my building has the most seniority (20 years) of all DOT qualified PT drivers. Because of his seniority he could pick up time running 1030s 1200s and savers left behind or if a driver had too many. He could even pick up time running shags and helping drivers make 8 and 9.5s. If there isn't enough TCDs he might even get to run a route.

With 22.4 he can kiss all that work goodbye to a kid with no seniority and makes way less money. Sure he can become a 22.4 but he gives $10 per hour and loses his mon-fri eam job to work Tues-Sat

So much for all those years accruing seniority. He can kiss it goodbye.

Last edited:

brown_trousers

An EAM driver in my building has the most seniority (20 years) of all DOT qualified PT drivers. Because of his seniority he could pick up time running 1030s 1200s and savers left behind or if a driver had too many. He could even pick up time running shags and helping drivers make 8 and 9.5s. If there isn't enough TCDs he might even get to run a route.

With 22.4 he can kiss all that work goodbye to a kid with no seniority and makes way less money. Sure he can become a 22.4 but he gives $10 per hour and loses his mon-fri eam job to work Tues-Sat

So much for all those accruing seniority. He can kiss it goodbye.
They are creating 22.4 to cut labor costs. It wouldnt make sense to replace a $28/hr air driver with $30/hr 22.4 driver. Unless UPS is trying to increase our wages

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

So much for all those years accruing seniority. He can kiss it goodbye.
He wasn't entitled to most of that work anyway?

Imchar1

If he was doing these things in my building, as a package car driver, I would be grieving for every minute he spent delivering packages that aren't exception air packages.

You cant file for squat if you turned it down. As stated all other full time drivers turned it down. After that seniority dictates who is entitled to what. At least it used to.

Imchar1

I get it though .. if a driver didnt get the message they always file even though they had no intention of doing it.

Last edited:
If he was doing these things in my building, as a package car driver, I would be grieving for every minute he spent delivering packages that aren't exception air packages.
Would you rather have a sup deliver the packages or a bargaining unit member? Not sure what you would be filing on if other drivers are turning down the work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You cant file for squat if you turned it down. As stated all other full time drivers turned it down. After that seniority dictates who is entitled to what. At least it used to.
Not sure what you would be filing on if other drivers are turning down the work.
We aren't in the position to "turn it down"???
The Company instructs and we execute or are subject to progressive discipline.

I have been paid tend of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for this very thing.

Last edited:

Imchar1

We aren't in the position to "turn it down"???
The Company instructs and we execute or are subject to progressive discipline.

I have been paid tend of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for this very thing.

There's this little thing called a DIAD. Its neat because you can send a group message asking all drivers to reply yes or no if you want to do more work when your route is done.

km3

They are creating 22.4 to cut labor costs. It wouldnt make sense to replace a $28/hr air driver with $30/hr 22.4 driver. Unless UPS is trying to increase our wages
It makes plenty of sense. Article 22.4 drivers don't get RPCD top rate for delivering or picking up ground, air drivers do. The way this company uses air drivers to cover their staffing problems, being able to give all the volume to a 22.4 instead will save them tons.

llamainmypocket

I've probably covered a hundred ground shifts in the last 18 months as an air driver. I'm going to have to bid a 22.4 job just to keep my work. Hope it actually entails some inside work since they're calling it a combo

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There's this little thing called a DIAD. Its neat because you can send a group message asking all drivers to reply yes or no if you want to do more work when your route is done.
If there where drivers with hours available, claiming that we offered it to them and "they said no", does not validate an air driver doing full time ground work.

What other work can I "say no" to?