EAMs delivery

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mo19072, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mo19072

Mo19072 Member

So I used to be an air driver and I delivered EAMs. After I made FT, the sup kept asking me to come early and help with EAMs when there are too many for the two air drivers to handle.
    I didn’t mind in the beginning and I liked the OT. But it kept happening at least twice a week even after I got seniority. Can I just tell him to look for someone else? We FT drivers do we have to work outside our regular start time when asked to?
    Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Your sup should be asking for volunteers by seniority.
    That's extra work according to article 40

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Most drivers here would kill to do eams and get off early those days. You run out of hours quicker.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Get on the 9.5 list if you don’t want extra hours

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I guarantee that there is a higher seniority driver that wants those hours. Find that driver, tell him/her what is happening and that he/she should grieve it. Once you do that, you should only be working on Saturdays when you are forced (I am referring to extra work.)

That was exactly how it worked in my center.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  6. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

EAMs? I thought those are the boxes they toss on my seat and I sheet them late when I get there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. 542thruNthru

Yeah they are. That's why they are late when you scan them smart guy. ;)

8. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Can you put a picture of Daves face on a spider and post it on the scary bugs thread?

9. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

I bet if you just told him you didn't want to do it, he'd just find someone else. I doubt he'd care.

10. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Tell the FSP drivers around that you GET to run eams. One of them will take them from you. Easiest OT ever. I mean heck come find me I'll take that easy work.

11. 542thruNthru

Already did a cat. Gosh you're demanding.

12. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

If higher seniority doesn’t want to, they can force bottom up.

If you’re higher seniority then others below you that aren’t doing it, you can grieve to make company force them on first.

13. Steelheader

Steelheader The Fishing UPS Guy

Commit is 230pm on my EAM. Only commit I have.

14. KoennenTiger

When you're running them it's one commit then another within an hour.

Give them to you on your seat? I don't think you actually have any commit after that

15. KoennenTiger

Oh they'll still show late in your board

16. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

If you are starting before your scheduled start time I believe it's OT Pay for those hours. Maybe your supplement is different, ask steward. Either that or just say hey FT sup I don't want the extra work anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Steelheader

I used to have a commit route. I don't miss those days at all. I remember them being tossed on my seat and told to deliver first stop. Unfortunately I had a trailer on when I left. Thankfully since I was still remote (literally on the edge of 1030 commit area) they already had one attempt done by time I started. It would always show late, but the EAM driver always had already made first attempt due to my distance from center and having to hitch up and tow trailer.

18. Steelheader

Oh and commit actually shows 230pm in my board. Maybe it's 2. I rarely get EAMs. I know it's 2 or 230pm commit and shows as such in the board.

19. lolbr

lolbr Active Member

Not sure about all supplements, but around here, if your start time is 8:30, and they have you come in at 6:30 for EAM's, then those first two hours are overtime. Not only that, but those two hours also count toward the over 8 hours in a day overtime. Meaning, you should not have more than 6 hours of straight time for the day.

20. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

It’s probably 2. I had one of those on my peak route this past year. I’ve also covered a route that would on a rare occasion get an 11am EAM that is farther away from the building than the 2pm EAM was.