EAMs delivery

Mo19072

So I used to be an air driver and I delivered EAMs. After I made FT, the sup kept asking me to come early and help with EAMs when there are too many for the two air drivers to handle.
I didn’t mind in the beginning and I liked the OT. But it kept happening at least twice a week even after I got seniority. Can I just tell him to look for someone else? We FT drivers do we have to work outside our regular start time when asked to?
Thanks

So I used to be an air driver and I delivered EAMs. After I made FT, the sup kept asking me to come early and help with EAMs when there are too many for the two air drivers to handle.
I didn’t mind in the beginning and I liked the OT. But it kept happening at least twice a week even after I got seniority. Can I just tell him to look for someone else? We FT drivers do we have to work outside our regular start time when asked to?
Thanks
Your sup should be asking for volunteers by seniority.
That's extra work according to article 40

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks
Get on the 9.5 list if you don’t want extra hours

barnyard

KTM rider
I guarantee that there is a higher seniority driver that wants those hours. Find that driver, tell him/her what is happening and that he/she should grieve it. Once you do that, you should only be working on Saturdays when you are forced (I am referring to extra work.)

That was exactly how it worked in my center.

Last edited:

KoennenTiger

Thanks

Tell the FSP drivers around that you GET to run eams. One of them will take them from you. Easiest OT ever. I mean heck come find me I'll take that easy work.

WTFm8

If higher seniority doesn’t want to, they can force bottom up.

If you’re higher seniority then others below you that aren’t doing it, you can grieve to make company force them on first.

Dr.Brownz

Thanks

If you are starting before your scheduled start time I believe it's OT Pay for those hours. Maybe your supplement is different, ask steward. Either that or just say hey FT sup I don't want the extra work anymore.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
When you're running them it's one commit then another within an hour.

Give them to you on your seat? I don't think you actually have any commit after that
I used to have a commit route. I don't miss those days at all. I remember them being tossed on my seat and told to deliver first stop. Unfortunately I had a trailer on when I left. Thankfully since I was still remote (literally on the edge of 1030 commit area) they already had one attempt done by time I started. It would always show late, but the EAM driver always had already made first attempt due to my distance from center and having to hitch up and tow trailer.

lolbr

If you are starting before your scheduled start time I believe it's OT Pay for those hours. Maybe your supplement is different, ask steward. Either that or just say hey FT sup I don't want the extra work anymore.
Not sure about all supplements, but around here, if your start time is 8:30, and they have you come in at 6:30 for EAM's, then those first two hours are overtime. Not only that, but those two hours also count toward the over 8 hours in a day overtime. Meaning, you should not have more than 6 hours of straight time for the day.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Oh and commit actually shows 230pm in my board. Maybe it's 2. I rarely get EAMs. I know it's 2 or 230pm commit and shows as such in the board.
It’s probably 2. I had one of those on my peak route this past year. I’ve also covered a route that would on a rare occasion get an 11am EAM that is farther away from the building than the 2pm EAM was.