early results

UnconTROLLed

perfection
O'Brien wouldn't be a rising star in the IBT if his daddy hadn't been a big shot.

Nepotism sucks. I want the best and the most concerned with the members' best interests, not the one who happened to have a father that was a Union honcho.
He (O'Brien) gave himself a big raise, while the pension fund is woefully floundering and continues spiraling downward. It's deflating when people vote for incompetency because of a "brand name".

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
25 Boston 1165 70 1160 74

lemmings. However, I predicted it. All of the stewards, BA's etc. were pressuring members to vote yes. I was one of 70 to waste seven seconds and vote no.

Wow this is fishy. Either everyone follows the leader or something is going on here. No contract makes enough ppl happy to have it voted in favor. 1100-70.

Maybe it's because UPS restructured our New England Pension Fund last year. Why would we vote no with a solid pension here for the future.

Just food for thought

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe it's because UPS restructured our New England Pension Fund last year. Why would we vote no with a solid pension here for the future.

Just food for thought

I'm not saying you didn't have a good reason to vote yes just that 92% is an awful high number.

opie

Please help me to understand if local 177 voted down the national and local contract how does that affect them when it comes to the healthcare package?
Master agreement won't change unless it's voted down nationally. Locally we will go back to the table for the supplemental. I don't know what healthcare changes we could do locally. Its possible we can get UPS to improve the proposed benefits, and maybe even avoid Team care.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
What were the 2007 results for the central, western and northern California regions?

It's posted elsewhere within this thread, but combined they passed the contract by an overwhelming margin. SoCal, Louisville and select locals affected by the FT insurance change will trim the margin, but it'll still pass, likely by 60% or more of the vote.

The suspense ended as soon as it was oblivious the PTers weren't voting in any larger number -- and perhaps even smaller -- than they did in 2007. TDU's targeted Pennsylvania, SoCal & Louisville to run up the "NO" margin, then hoped enough disgruntled PTers would vote to tilt the result to NO. But while they got the NO swing, they weren't able to run up the votes - not that it mattered, as they couldn't win w/o the PTers voting NO, anyway.