Earnings Miss

zeev

Freddy is taking cash out always the surest sign the party is over. Remember pre pandemic low was 88.00 need to hire 70k for peak good luck with that.

bacha29

Freddy is taking cash out always the surest sign the party is over. Remember pre pandemic low was 88.00 need to hire 70k for peak good luck with that.
They listed shortage of labor and having to pay more to get it as the primary cause of the earnings miss which was pretty significant . As has been the practice in the past job boards loaded with help wanted ads from contractors. Some have posted impressive pay offerings but a closer look and you saw that it was all tied to daily stop numbers few if anybody could reach. As for the rest it's pretty much the same money offered years ago.

The question will be what action if any will terminal management take towards contractors who are unable to secure enough labor to fulfill their contractual responsibilities . Some may end up having to give a guy literally everything the route makes just to get him to take governance over the route.... But as they say...."that's trucking".

zeev

Here at Express labor is way short using temps and Cdl A contractors and they want to hire 70k for peak, they can’t hire anybody now at the wages their paying.

Screenshot_20210921-180617.png

Basement Dweller

My Senior Manager blames it on lazy employees that don't want to work 14 hours a day. I actually got a write up for leaving early last Saturday. I came in at 8 AM and left at 6:30 PM. Apparently sort didn't go down until 7 PM and the kool-aid drinkers didn't leave until 10.