Earnings Results For this quarter.

Revenues were below an already small target and also was net income and expense controlling according to FedEx mega corp. My co-workers are getting worried about layoffs but all I can think about is what to do with all of the extra freedom if it happens like a possibly three month hiking trip in Arizona. What do y'all think about the quarterly earnings statement?

bacha29

Revenues were below an already small target and also was net income and expense controlling according to FedEx mega corp. My co-workers are getting worried about layoffs but all I can think about is what to do with all of the extra freedom if it happens like a possibly three month hiking trip in Arizona. What do y'all think about the quarterly earnings statement?
Be afraid, be very afraid. But hey, look on the bright side. You could always go to work for a contractor, working 5-12's plus 10 on Saturday dragging around crates stolen off the LTL's Around $140 a day more or less. no overtime little or nothing in the way meaningful benefits. And if you go out there and work your damn full head off you might get a week of paid vacation.......Cherish the experience.

Be afraid, be very afraid. But hey, look on the bright side. You could always go to work for a contractor, working 5-12's plus 10 on Saturday dragging around crates stolen off the LTL's Around $140 a day more or less. no overtime little or nothing in the way meaningful benefits. And if you go out there and work your damn full head off you might get a week of paid vacation.......Cherish the experience.

I work from 7:30 to 4:00 avg about 115 to 120 stops a day

Only people who are working 10 to 12 hour shifts are new guys who don’t know their route .

I probably make just as much or more than a lot of express guys

bacha29

I work from 7:30 to 4:00 avg about 115 to 120 stops a day

Only people who are working 10 to 12 hour shifts are new guys who don’t know their route .

I probably make just as much or more than a lot of express guys
Since many new job openings at Xpress are part time you probably are. But, if you're dragging those crates around for a contractor it's simply a matter of how long you can withstand the physical beating and what will become of you when you can no longer do so? Sure, there are a few contractors out there who offer "benefit' plans but when it comes to actual claims coverage and monthly cash payments many are severely lacking.

What's your pension and benefits like?

No pension but he offers health care benefits but I don’t use it

I’ve worked at hospitals and if I constantly need to see a doctor to live life then I guess my times up

Not going to be taking medication everyday or having to see a doctor every other week that’s not living to me

bacha29

I’ve worked at hospitals and if I constantly need to see a doctor to live life then I guess my times up

Not going to be taking medication everyday or having to see a doctor every other week that’s not living to me
But until the time you completely self destruct you will need a place to sleep and something to eat and so how will you achieve those two feats when you're no longer able to go out there everyday matching the daily production of the average UPS driver for half the wages and zero benefits?

Rest assured there will come a day when you will cross your threshold of pain and therefore will gladly accept medical care but don't just assume that you'll be able to walk out the door and stiff the hospital with the bill.

BTW I was a ground contractor and drove a route everyday for 23 years including spending nearly 6 of those years running 6 days a week year round. The end result? Spinal stenosis and a double hip joint replacement . The cost of replacement surgery? In excess of 100K . Fortunately for all those years I purchased and maintained a major medical health insurance policy.
Yep, that job is an absolute joint killer. First comes the inflammation followed by the cartilage destruction followed by prescription pain killers that offer a limited amount of relief for a limited amount of time......and in the end you'll join the 400,000 Americans who undergo joint replacement surgery every year.

dezguy

Having medical benefits isn't about seeing a doctor every other week, it's about having them when you or your family do need to see a doctor...

dezguy

Remember when you said the same thing? I sure remember when I did. Lol.
Maybe I'm just a different bird but I have never taken a job that didn't offer benefits, once I was done with school.

I grew up poor but my parents always had benefits. Without them, they wouldn't have been able to afford prescriptions, glasses, et al. Maybe that caused me to realize the importance of having a benefit package as part of one's compensation.

It will be fine

Maybe I'm just a different bird but I have never taken a job that didn't offer benefits, once I was done with school.

I grew up poor but my parents always had benefits. Without them, they wouldn't have been able to afford prescriptions, glasses, et al. Maybe that caused me to realize the importance of having a benefit package as part of one's compensation.
Aren’t you Canadian with universal coverage?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I always had benefits because I thought that what adults do. We never did as kids. I was trying to do things differently than my parents.