Earrings

Cementups

Box Monkey
I got my left ear pierced at Senior Week JUne 1993. I started driving in April of 1996. Haven't worn an earring since. $70k+/year was way more important than a silly earring.

My dad also told me one day that if I never got my ear pierced that it better come with a change of address card. He didn't even notice it for 3 months.

C

jaker

trolling
I was in agreement with you till you said they are plugs , I have two holes in both ears I wear small hoops in both on them so 4 in total and I don't hear anything about them at all

But plugs WTH this should not be new to you man they are ugly as all things people can do to themselves , you have been with brown for 11 years you had to know it would catch up with you

bbsam

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, are you old guys as anti tattoo? Find in hard to believe there aren't some former military tats driving brown trucks. I know mfe has a problem with them. How about you guys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just out of curiosity, are you old guys as anti tattoo? Find in hard to believe there aren't some former military tats driving brown trucks. I know mfe has a problem with them. How about you guys.

Nope not saying I would get a tattoo I wouldn't but you can get many tattoos in places people don't see. The ear plugs are always visible. My uncle a veterinarian and one of the most intelligent people I know literally has ever square inch of his body that's not visible to his clients covered in tattoos.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was in agreement with you till you said they are plugs , I have two holes in both ears I wear small hoops in both on them so 4 in total and I don't hear anything about them at all

But plugs WTH this should not be new to you man they are ugly as all things people can do to themselves , you have been with brown for 11 years you had to know it would catch up with you
They remind me of the African tribe that puts graduated size plates in their lips.....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Join the circus. I can live with a small earing or a tat on the arm. Looking ridicoulus is part of the reason we are stuck on 8 percent unemployment.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lots of opinions on how things at work should look, to bad the only one that matters is the one writing the checks.

I dont have a problem with the company establishing reasonable appearance guidelines as long as those guidelines are consistently enforced.

The problems start when managers take it upon themselves to "make up" the rules as they go....or change established rules after the fact... according to whatever personal biases they might have towards hair, tats, earrings etc.

I also think its funny that many of the "old timers" here who ridicule tats or piercings probably wore bell bottoms and had long sideburns and hair down to their asses back in the 70's. Every generation makes grooming and other appearance choices that the previous generation finds fault with.

over9five

Staff member
I also think its funny that many of the "old timers" here who ridicule tats or piercings probably wore bell bottoms and had long sideburns and hair down to their asses back in the 70's. Every generation makes grooming and other appearance choices that the previous generation finds fault with.

But not at work. BIG difference!

Here's what I find funniest about this thread:
Who do we all agree is the worst looking drivers in the industry? FedEx Ground! And in this thread, we have a FedEx Ground multiple route owner who employs drivers defending this guy being able to make customer contact with big ol holes in his ears!
WE DO NOT WANT OUR DRIVERS LOOKING LIKE THEM!!!!

Let FedEx Ground continue to be the industry leader in poor looking delivery people. And let's continue to have our drivers look like the professionals they are.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I just came back from a year off on disability and my center has a new manager. She has been getting on my case about my earrings. I have had past managers tell me to take them out and I've always managed to argue my way into keeping them by referring to the appearance guidelines that state both men and women are allowed to have a piercing in each earlobe no larger than 1/2 an inch. She seems intent on ignoring this fact and keeps telling me I have to take them out and she is going to "look into it". Does anyone have any experience in this subject or advice? Thanks.
undies,

You have every right to question the correct application of company policy and quidelines.

I encourage people not to pierce their bodies, however I respect this as a personal decision and I respect your decision to do this.

According to my understanding of UPS Appearance Guidelines and your description of your piercings, you are in violation of these guidelines.

It is your local managers responsibility to enforce the corporate guidelines of the company.

Thank you for posting this discussion thread.

Sincerely,
I

bbsam

Staff member
But not at work. BIG difference!

Here's what I find funniest about this thread:
Who do we all agree is the worst looking drivers in the industry? FedEx Ground! And in this thread, we have a FedEx Ground multiple route owner who employs drivers defending this guy being able to make customer contact with big ol holes in his ears!
WE DO NOT WANT OUR DRIVERS LOOKING LIKE THEM!!!!

Let FedEx Ground continue to be the industry leader in poor looking delivery people. And let's continue to have our drivers look like the professionals they are.
That's a very nice "rah rah" speech. Tell you the truth though, you just keep putting the crease in you knickers and fluffing your panties and we'll keep taking the heavy work for ya.