EBay

over9five

Staff member
What do you do if someone wins your auction, but 2 days later hasn't paid?

Am I being too impatient? I haven't sold anything on EBay for a few years, but I buy stuff pretty often. And I PAY as soon as I win.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Am I being too impatient? I haven't sold anything on EBay for a few years, but I buy stuff pretty often. And I PAY as soon as I win.

It has been a while since I have been on E-bay but two days is way too long. Were there other bidders? If so, I would contact the next highest bidder to see if they are still interested, sell it to that person and then leave negative feedback for the winner for taking too long to pay. I assume you have a Paypal account--those funds should have been in your Paypal account the same day, the next at the latest.

Two days isn`t too bad especially if a weekend is involved. Other times I have tossed out a bid on something that didn`t close for quite some time and honestly forgot about it until the seller sent me the "you won" bill total. There`s ways to remind them and get a feel on the situation. An email letting them know the item is now ready to ship as soon as payment is received might work.
Did you sell it over the holiday weekend? Maybe they`re not home yet?

moreluck

golden ticket member

So, The wife made you get rid of the life size blow up doll?

over9five

Staff member
Got the payment today, two days after it ended.
This morning I sent the bill thingy. I've always paid when I got the Ebay you won email.
Whatever!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
As a buyer and a seller the info is right there for either. Ive been waiting going on four days. Sometimes it isnt worth it.
My husband missed going to hawaii, to wait on a boat motor........It didnt get shipped til I got back. The guy gave me every excuse in the book.
When I buy something, I want it and pay immediately, and expect the same with shipping. Live and learn.

Thats when you give them a chance by contacting them but if it remains a problem the you have to neg rep them and sometimes even cancel the transaction.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As a buyer and a seller the info is right there for either. Ive been waiting going on four days. Sometimes it isnt worth it.
My husband missed going to hawaii, to wait on a boat motor........It didnt get shipped til I got back. The guy gave me every excuse in the book.
When I buy something, I want it and pay immediately, and expect the same with shipping. Live and learn.

That could be a country song or an episode of Raising Hope.