"Economic Strike" VS "Unfair Labor Practice Strike" - KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I’m down for lowering the weight limit and the company itself busting the chops out of people who lie about weight on packages.

Company concerned about union members stealing time when customers steal money from us everyday from falsified weight on packages. Smh

We had 6 go carts shipped to our center last week and each one said 168lbs on the labels. Brought a scale over and they were 250lbs a piece. Smd

PT Car Washer

I’m down for lowering the weight limit and the company itself busting the chops out of people who lie about weight on packages.

Company concerned about union members stealing time when customers steal money from us everyday from falsified weight on packages. Smh

We had 6 go carts shipped to our center last week and each one said 168lbs on the labels. Brought a scale over and they were 250lbs a piece. Smd
I thought UPS had a 150 lb limit for ground packages. In my building those packages would sit until either the shipper or the receiver picked them up.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I thought UPS had a 150 lb limit for ground packages. In my building those packages would sit until either the shipper or the receiver picked them up.
That doesn’t happen everywhere
Also I believe the limit is 170
Overweight packages is a big deal but it’s more of a problem on the lesser weights. There’s a medical company here that ships out a tremendous amount daily and all their labels are marked at 15lbs. I tell you half of them are double the amount of weight. Everyday.

Thebrownblob

The company must allow weight features of what I said because of the existence of freight before better not bigger came into play
you have the right to refuse any package over 150. If a package ends up at a facility, progress should be stopped and the shipper should arrange to pick it up.

PT Car Washer

That doesn’t happen everywhere
Also I believe the limit is 170
Overweight packages is a big deal but it’s more of a problem on the lesser weights. There’s a medical company here that ships out a tremendous amount daily and all their labels are marked at 15lbs. I tell you half of them are double the amount of weight. Everyday.
Had the same situation with one of our high volume shippers. Found out the lower weights was because of the discount the company gave the business.

ManInBrown

It’s amazing the mindset of some very high seniority drivers I was talking to this week. Kind of isolated at a satellite building. Less than 10 jobs but all 25+ year drivers. The talk of the contract came up and immediately “oh there’ll never be a strike. Too much money involved“ which I’m not saying isn’t correct but i got a really strong vibe from them like I got a few more years left, no way do I want to see a strike almost not even caring about the conditions laid out for future ups teamsters. They would never cross the line not saying that, but big time just worried about myself. I’m gone in 2-3 years.

The one thing I noticed about feeders is there’s two types of 25+ years drivers. The ones who bad mouth the company every two seconds. Just completely miserable, and one’s who are so gung ho willing to do anything, go the extra mile. No middle ground. Package is different. We all hated it, but we did it. Kind of resigned to the fate.

Boston25

It’s amazing the mindset of some very high seniority drivers I was talking to this week. Kind of isolated at a satellite building. Less than 10 jobs but all 25+ year drivers. The talk of the contract came up and immediately “oh there’ll never be a strike. Too much money involved“ which I’m not saying isn’t correct but i got a really strong vibe from them like I got a few more years left, no way do I want to see a strike almost not even caring about the conditions laid out for future ups teamsters. They would never cross the line not saying that, but big time just worried about myself. I’m gone in 2-3 years.

The one thing I noticed about feeders is there’s two types of 25+ years drivers. The ones who bad mouth the company every two seconds. Just completely miserable, and one’s who are so gung ho willing to do anything, go the extra mile. No middle ground. Package is different. We all hated it, but we did it. Kind of resigned to the fate.
I agree. The problem is too many people lose sight of what the union is about and what we stand for. I always keep in mind that no matter how long I work for this company that we need to look out for the people starting out and the ones coming into the company. There’s too many “me”sters.

PT Car Washer

I agree. The problem is too many people lose sight of what the union is about and what we stand for. I always keep in mind that no matter how long I work for this company that we need to look out for the people starting out and the ones coming into the company. There’s too many “me”sters.
Too many times you hear old FT saying how the latest concessions don't affect them and just look at the latest raises.

542thruNthru

Think of the turtles.
futurama-bender.gif