Educational transfer <50 miles away

Has anyone had success transferring to another UPS facility less than 50 miles from the UPS you worked at previously? Apparently, MS and GA use their own rule that you can't transfer to another hub or center unless it's 50+ miles away. No where in the current union book or on upsers.com is the such a WRITTEN rule. I spoke to someone in Jax, Fl and they've never heard of such a rule, not even HR in Jax, Fl.
I feel it's fair game I can transfer to another facility but might have to file a grievance to "rock the boat". I've transferred numerous times over the years 50+miles but don't understand why a mileage range is put into effect.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Has anyone had success transferring to another UPS facility less than 50 miles from the UPS you worked at previously? Apparently, MS and GA use their own rule that you can't transfer to another hub or center unless it's 50+ miles away. No where in the current union book or on upsers.com is the such a WRITTEN rule. I spoke to someone in Jax, Fl and they've never heard of such a rule, not even HR in Jax, Fl.
I feel it's fair game I can transfer to another facility but might have to file a grievance to "rock the boat". I've transferred numerous times over the years 50+miles but don't understand why a mileage range is put into effect.

Where are you trying to go?

That's what I'm doing but Forest Park Hr tells me 50+ miles to the next UPS in order to transfer. I've been with UPS over 15 yrs and never heard such thing. I even called in a favor and was told through the grapevine from a labor mgr it's a GA thing. Well, MS does the same thing after I back tracked to a contact there. I plan on grieving just to see where I can get if denied by mgmt. HR is a glorified info desk that has no official say so as far as approval or denial of me trying to transfer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How come you transferred so many times?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That's what I'm doing but Forest Park Hr tells me 50+ miles to the next UPS in order to transfer. I've been with UPS over 15 yrs and never heard such thing. I even called in a favor and was told through the grapevine from a labor mgr it's a GA thing. Well, MS does the same thing after I back tracked to a contact there. I plan on grieving just to see where I can get if denied by mgmt. HR is a glorified info desk that has no official say so as far as approval or denial of me trying to transfer.

I missed the educational part in the title. Sounds like you are going to need to file that grievance.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have heard of people quitting and getting re-hired, but you lose raises and seniority. Griffin Center is only 27 miles away from the Forest Park Hub and is in a different Division.