Eliminating Air Commit times

browniehound

I get to my area at 9:25 and my air commit time is 10:30. Had 17 air stop Thurs. Some are rural. But be safe. The biggest service problem we have is the later and later start times. I wish someone in corporate would realize how much volume this is costing us and quit worrying so much about inside numbers. Fedex ground completes delivery to an entire industrial park before we get into town. Ya think shippers don't notice?

Brownmonster, I'm in a similar situation as you but have no rural deliveries. I get on area at about 925 and sometimes 915 on holidays and fridays when there is less traffic. I can only do about 13 air stops if I run straight airs. Its all industrail with 1 or 2 residential shaggs if I'm unlucky.

I am so tight on reds that I frequently have to leave reds going to the same company but at a different building and different reciever. I have a company that at four diffferent buildings each about 3 minutes away from each other. When I'm hurting for time I leave all the reds with one reciever because the have a shutttle that moves packages between buildings all day. I hate to do it, but the reciever takes them so I use this when I have to.

I think we need to hire an air driver!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No, we need the clowns running us into the ground to realize the competition is beating us to stops while we worry about inside numbers.

What we need is to receive our air earlier and have preload wrapped up so we can get the air off. If an area is still overwhelmed with Air on a regular basis, then an air driver is needed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our EAM's are 10:30 commit, but we see those rarely. Our NDA's are commited at 12:00. Of the 8 different commuties that we del to, only 3 are guaranteed.