Emergency File

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I've been hearing of more and more management people keeping detailed documentation on the questionable behavior of their superiors in the event they feel it would be beneficial to put it out there. The documentation includes threats, sexual comments, questionable ethical behavior, questionable expense account charges, inappropriate United Way arm twisting, etc. I never ask detail because i don't want to feel obligated to report it. Do you keep such a file? Has such a file ever paid off?

blkmamba

I've been hearing of more and more management people keeping detailed documentation on the questionable behavior of their superiors in the event they feel it would be beneficial to put it out there. The documentation includes threats, sexual comments, questionable ethical behavior, questionable expense account charges, inappropriate United Way arm twisting, etc. I never ask detail because i don't want to feel obligated to report it. Do you keep such a file? Has such a file ever paid off?

Kept a file and turned it into HR when I left, manager was transferred (doubt it had anything to do with my file). Easiest thing to do is treat everyone with respect and there won't be problems. Problem is most supervisors have a superiority complex and treat others like crap.