Ending DACA

bbsam

Staff member
My guess is this will all die down since the Obama people did almost all these things except there was no outcry from the media.
The most likely entity to upset the cart is the 9th circuit.
Maybe that’s the point. The Obama people did it and it got shot down in court. The Trump people don’t care that it’s settled, they’re gonna do it anyway. Somebody thinks he is above every law but the law of public opinion.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
My guess is it will die down because Trump is a huge P* who already backed down on the issue of separating families. It's over, move on.
Somebody has to right Obama's wrongs. Thank god this travesty was brought to our attention, Hillary would just have it buried with bribes like Benghazi.

BrownArmy

Whatever you think about immigration and separating children from their parents, the administration looks really incompetent here.

Trump just signed his EO, which may or not be a good remedy for anyone, and might not stand to legal challenges...

But now that he signed it (you know, for the children), the administration can’t answer a straight question about how the children who have been separated and flown across the country are going to be reunited with their parents.

It’s possible they’re not even sure which kid should go where, :censored2: keystone kops.

El Correcto

god is dead
Whatever you think about immigration and separating children from their parents, the administration looks really incompetent here.

Trump just signed his EO, which may or not be a good remedy for anyone, and might not stand to legal challenges...

But now that he signed it (you know, for the children), the administration can’t answer a straight question about how the children who have been separated and flown across the country are going to be reunited with their parents.

It’s possible they’re not even sure which kid should go where, :censored2: keystone kops.
Schumer rejects GOP proposal to address border crisis
Chuck Schumer thinks trump’s EO was what needed to happen. He plans to reject any fix to the solution for political posturing.

BrownArmy

So, we're going to lock up thousands of border-crossers, hold them for weeks or months, just to charge them with a misdemeanor, at $600 a day per person?

What a colossal waste of money.

Build a wall? 4th century solution to a 21st century problem, insane waste of money.

Five Facts about Migration from Central America’s Northern Triangle - WOLA

The money would be better spent in aid to these three countries, to stop the problem in the first place.

It's like our roof is leaking, and we want to build a gigantic tarp structure over our entire house so no water gets to our leaky roof.

Just fix the roof, i.e. how about removing the motivations for these folks to flee their countries?

That's hard, and won't happen overnight, but it would be a more realistic and long-lasting solution.

El Correcto

god is dead
So, we're going to lock up thousands of border-crossers, hold them for weeks or months, just to charge them with a misdemeanor, at $600 a day per person?

Build a wall? 4th century solution to a 21st century problem, insane waste of money.

The money would be better spent in aid to these three countries, to stop the problem in the first place.

It's like our roof is leaking, and we want to build a gigantic tarp structure over our entire house so no water gets to our leaky roof.

Just fix the roof, i.e. how about removing the motivations for these folks to flee their countries?

That's hard, and won't happen overnight, but it would be a more realistic and long-lasting solution.
Did that little rant make you feel better? That spew of virtue signaling bull:censored2:, we give billions every year in foreign aide. I bet not even 50% effects the lives of everyday people in those countries. We should focus on getting more for what we are already spending.

BrownArmy

Did that little rant make you feel better? That spew of virtue signaling bull:censored2:, we give billions every year in foreign aide. I bet not even 50% effects the lives of everyday people in those countries. We should focus on getting more for what we are already spending.

Honestly, we should just invade everything south of the border, and take care of this once and for all.

BrownArmy

Nah, too much fallout not enough incentive. If their government gets ballsy like North Korea, sure why not.

North Korea was never a realistic threat until the Donald started waving his tiny hands around. Think about it, if NK actually used any of their nukes, China would be first in line to turn their lands into nuclear fused glass.

Detente only works if no one acts.

El Correcto

god is dead
North Korea was never a realistic threat until the Donald started waving his tiny hands around. Think about it, if NK actually used any of their nukes, China would be first in line to turn their lands into nuclear fused glass.

Detente only works if no one acts.
I was referring more to the human rights violations and hostile attitude.
I think a good starting place to help South America would be ending the war on drugs, not starting another one. I think most of that countries problems stem from out of control cartels that have corrupted the government to the highest levels.

vantexan

What's interesting is this was written during the Obama administration. And they don't seem to think over 330,000 apprehensions at the Border is a lot but fail to mention how many got through. And while the murder rate is high Guatemala's is less than a number of American cities. Some are close to the Honduras rate. People go to work every day down there living their lives. And there are expats throughout the region from the U.S. and elsewhere. People need to stay put and resist the bad, and build a better country. And a wall backed up by the Border Patrol would greatly discourage most from trying to enter here or even attempting the journey.