Equality in the work place

Brisket

Are they good ol boys never meanin no harm?
IMG_5051.GIF

J

jibbs

So you were a problematic child and blame your parents (tutelage) for failing you? Lmao, you are now crowned Mr. Millennial. You won the contest brother!

No, not quite. My parents never failed me, despite the rough times I've caused in the past.

That's kind of what family's about to most people that understand the concept.

And social media raising this generation is ridiculous. People raise children, social media influences people. The young mind is more susceptible to negative influence, thus the parents need to do what they can to protect them from the negative and reinforce the positive.

It's called parenting, dude, and things change with technology, granted, but the increasing role of technology in day-to-day life is no excuse for a parental figure to throw their hands up and say fuxk it-- especially because of something like the internet: an easily preventable influence that, with proper guidance and (depending the age) supervision can be more of a tool than a weapon. It's not rocket science, man.

On another note, I find it strange that you would take a theoretical concept and then apply it to me personally. It's like you were having trouble following the conversation and missed that I was playing along with whoever I was talking to's original stereotype of today's youth, and tried to play it off like the previous generation had nothing to do with how the following generation turned out. THAT was the point, and I'm sorry that I have to explain it in such clear and concise terms to you-- especially when you weren't involved in the discussion in the first place. I'll remember to break things down in simpler terms and with less rhetoric in the future when we talk.

No. Personal responsibility. It's what I see is the worst failing of today's generation.

Depends on your definition of problematic

Personal responsibility. I'll give you that with the teenage crowd, but the 80's and early 90's babies have kind of gotten the whole independent living thing down by now.

That one in particular I could only take a wild guess at, but it seems like children are staying children much longer than they used to.

Social etiquette is more of an environmental thing, in my opinion. Things like holding doors for women, which you all keep mentioning. Me, personally? I'll hold the door for anybody, so long as they're within a reasonable distance of the door. Most in my area tend to do the same, and it's actually the older heads at gas stations and liquor stores that seem to like to let 'em slam into the person behind 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No, not quite. My parents never failed me, despite the rough times I've caused in the past.

And social media raising this generation is ridiculous. People raise children, social media influences people. The young mind is more susceptible to negative influence, thus the parents need to do what they can to protect them from the negative and reinforce the positive.

It's called parenting, dude, and things change with technology, granted, but the increasing role of technology in day-to-day life is no excuse for a parental figure to throw their hands up and say fuxk it-- especially because of something like the internet: an easily preventable influence that, with proper guidance and (depending the age) supervision can be more of a tool than a weapon. It's not rocket science, man.

On another note, I find it strange that you would take a theoretical concept and then apply it to me personally. It's like you were having trouble following the conversation and missed that I was playing along with whoever I was talking to's original stereotype of today's youth, and tried to play it off like the previous generation had nothing to do with how the following generation turned out. THAT was the point, and I'm sorry that I have to explain it in such clear and concise terms to you-- especially when you weren't involved in the discussion in the first place. I'll remember to break things down in simpler terms and with less rhetoric in the future when we talk.

Personal responsibility. I'll give you that with the teenage crowd, but the 80's and early 90's babies have kind of gotten the whole independent living thing down by now.

That one in particular I could only take a wild guess at, but it seems like children are staying children much longer than they used to.

Social etiquette is more of an environmental thing, in my opinion. Things like holding doors for women, which you all keep mentioning. Me, personally? I'll hold the door for anybody, so long as they're within a reasonable distance of the door. Most in my area tend to do the same, and it's actually the older heads at gas stations and liquor stores that seem to like to let 'em slam into the person behind 'em.

TLDR

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Way Way TLDR