Equalization of Overtime

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think we are missing the point of this thread. This is happening to 1 guy out of about 30 of us. center manager didn’t like the fact that he was standing up for himself in regards of driving safe and decided he would now only get 8 hr days as a means of discipline
Nobody is missing the point at all. Some have the balls to stand up to management. Some shrivel up like a piece of steak in a dehydrator.

DOK

We are only guaranteed 8hrs of work when reporting, there is no langauge on OT being available it is up to dispatchers to allocate where the OT goes.

And that wrong. What if someone bid on route because it is always heavy, wants the OT, and the dispatcher undermines this by taking his work and giving it to other drivers. Can the driver fight this with “seniority rules all” wording?

DOK

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
And that wrong. What if someone bid on route because it is always heavy, wants the OT, and the dispatcher undermines this by taking his work and giving it to other drivers. Can the driver fight this with “seniority rules all” wording?
Only if 50% or more of his work moves then he can follow that work. Again show me in the contract where it states we are entitled to any OT. We are guaranteed 8hrs for reporting to work.

panchovilla

does this state law apply at UPS? We have a driver at our center who was told they will now only receive 8 hr days from here on out. As discipline I guess? Can management single him out and cut all his Ot just because the center manager has a personal vendetta against them
Im actually going thru this myself. Last week I filed on Harassment, Retaliation, and called the 800. On Monday I will file every day lower seniority works more than me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im actually going thru this myself. Last week I filed on Harassment, Retaliation, and called the 800. On Monday I will file every day lower seniority works more than me.
Are you REALLY getting singled out or just butt hurt because you are only getting 8 hours now and are concerned that you might go into foreclosure on your 500k house, the 80k truck, the boat and the vacation lake house????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This reminds me of the government shutdown... I would have thought many of these folks would have been able to go a month or 2 without stressing out about not getting a paycheck....I guess the real fact is that most people are just living way beyond their means.....1200 iPhone, 70k truck, etc, etc..... I know there are some expensive areas but people should have at least a few months savings....

barnyard

KTM rider
center manager didn’t like the fact that he was standing up for himself in regards of driving safe and decided he would now only get 8 hr days as a means of discipline
I wish the center manager would come to my center. I would love daily 8 hour dispatches. LOVE IT.

Heavy Package

This reminds me of the government shutdown... I would have thought many of these folks would have been able to go a month or 2 without stressing out about not getting a paycheck...

Goes to show you just how many useless people are on the Government teet. This country is doomed in 20 years or less.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Good for him, now he can work the evening rush at the Mexican place. They just bean stacking it up and leaving it sit for me when I come in at lunchtime the next day. The stuff gets crusted on the plates and it's a *b to scrape off into the "re-use" bin.
Back in high school when I worked in a restaurant, we would just put the dishes in the toilet with some toilet bowl cleaner and flush. Fast and easy.