Evaluating a FedEx Route Business

FedEx212

Hello

I am interested in buying a FedEx Route business. The one I am looking at has two routes, both routes have a driver and helper so the owner only drives when one of the employees is not working. The net after expenses for the entire business is 75-85K. Both of the routes come with trucks.

What would be a fair price to pay for this business? Thanks.

TUT

Look at it like college, if that salary entices you, what would you spend to go to college to get a 75K job? I would say 25k max.

bbsam

Staff member
Look at it like college, if that salary entices you, what would you spend to go to college to get a 75K job? I would say 25k max.
aren't you disregarding substantial income growth potential? The numbers are far too vague though. I doubt the net is as stated.

TUT

aren't you disregarding substantial income growth potential? The numbers are far too vague though. I doubt the net is as stated.

Is there substantial income growth? If so how much? 125K, a 60% bump. I'd pay about 50-60k for an education for that. So that is coming more inline, perhaps. I also would feel I would have a better job with the education vs being a part time driver sometimes. But then the OP has to look at how apt they are to learning something new and executing. The question was what I would I pay. Everyone has their own variables.