Excessive Backing?

Expect the unexpected.
It's a waste of my time to expect a piece of a plane will fall on my car. Or that my mirror will get broke while its pushed in. But I could expect an 80 story building being closed on hump day, right?

upschuck

I'm not talking about sheeting as closed holiday---I am talking about giving your PDS a list of known closures so that he/she can have them pulled from the car during the preload.
I have 6 or 7 known closures on various days throughout the week which never make it on to the car.

Around here, only the junior guys tell them what is closed, because if you do, then you just get a split off of another route, and cut runs. People can only be burned so many times before they stay away from the fire.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you k/c a consignee in a multi tenant building the whole building gets left off the truck even the open stops. Great system.

Z

ZQXC

I am on vacation this week but made sure to give my PDS a complete list of President's Day closings for my area before leaving.

Now your cover will have to go further off area to deliver the pulls that will keep his stops per truck at the magic number.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One more gripe about Orion and then I'm done.

The other day it had me delivering a school that was closed for the day on the most southern part of my route, far away from my pickups or the planned destination it had for me back to the building. It was 12:15. Can't sheet a closed or NI1 in that hour window. If I were to go back later it would easily add 3 miles to my planned mileage for the day.

Ruh-roh.
Take break from 12-1