Excessive Overtime the new normal

Another example of the union being weak. UPS changes preload start times daily. What maroon teamster agreed to that? You only get 4 hours for vacation days 20 total. You get 4 hours pay for each personal and sick days. Obviously the Teamster dope has never toured UPS. Preload never works exactly 4 hours, it’s always closer 5 or 6 hours. The union is weak. Powerless, a waste of money. Teamsters has imploded themselves.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Another example of the union being weak. UPS changes preload start times daily. What maroon teamster agreed to that? You only get 4 hours for vacation days 20 total. You get 4 hours pay for each personal and sick days. Obviously the Teamster dope has never toured UPS. Preload never works exactly 4 hours, it’s always closer 5 or 6 hours. The union is weak. Powerless, a waste of money. Teamsters has imploded themselves.
You should go to fedex then.

JL 0513

Today was the latest we ever left the building in my almost 7 years of driving. What a disaster. First stop was 10:45! If that's not bad enough we went out with an 11 hour day.

"Going forward, dispatches will be 8-8.5 hour plans". - UPS, circa 2018. :lol:

rod

Retired 22 years
Contract is al signed and delivered. No need for them to be nice anymore. They have you by the balls for the next 5 years. Good luck---you'll need it.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Agree
Then start driving for them and make way less and have no protection

Re-Raise

Anybody that really could would. I’d never stay around just to be part of a smile* show. If that’s what you call pleasure you got a sad life...
I take it you are still very young. I still have a daughter in her Master’s program on our insurance.

How much money is enough money to walk away? I figure they pay me almost 500 hours a year to stay home now.

I enjoy my my route and the people I deliver to. I have a number in mind that starts with a mill and ends with a ion before I bail out.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
OT but the scanners are more related to security and loss prevention than UOW counts.
the scanners have nothing to do with that

scanning adds less than a second per piece to the average loaders day (actual numbers) since most scanning is done while they’re building a carry or carrying the pieces, etc

if your building is getting down more than 5min late, it has nothing to do with the scanning and everything to do with their :censored2:ty organization

Indecisi0n

If you are correct about the union and you choose to stay and pay them dues then what does that make you?

KoennenTiger

OT but the scanners are more related to security and loss prevention than UOW counts.

They just recently got us these scans by preload. I wasn't worried I don't smoke boxes.

Yet here we are and I've got mngmt down my neck claiming preload scanned a box on my truck that I didn't deliver. No. It was not on my truck. I don't smoke boxes I never have. I run my misload or I call the guy and we find a way to meet for fifteen seconds as I run him or he runs me the boxes.

And hey, here we are. Somehow preload supposedly scanned boxes on my truck that were not on my truck.

Center manager threatening me like lel dude back off :censored2:. You've been here three months I've been here half my adult life. How's your divorce? How's the kids? Oh wait

At least the sups get it. But then they've done the job. And they know there's no way I'm going to risk my career to steal a box of :censored2: windshield wipers

What I want to know is if preload scanned that box on my truck then where the FK did that box go?! Cause it was not on my truck.

Re-Raise

They just recently got us these scans by preload. I wasn't worried I don't smoke boxes.

Yet here we are and I've got mngmt down my neck claiming preload scanned a box on my truck that I didn't deliver. No. It was not on my truck. I don't smoke boxes I never have. I run my misload or I call the guy and we find a way to meet for fifteen seconds as I run him or he runs me the boxes.

And hey, here we are. Somehow preload supposedly scanned boxes on my truck that were not on my truck.

Center manager threatening me like lel dude back off :censored2:. You've been here three months I've been here half my adult life. How's your divorce? How's the kids? Oh wait

At least the sups get it. But then they've done the job. And they know there's no way I'm going to risk my career to steal a box of :censored2: windshield wipers

What I want to know is if preload scanned that box on my truck then where the FK did that box go?! Cause it was not on my truck.
Maybe the missing pkg had an old bar code and label on another side that you scanned. I have done this at bulk stops.

I would lose it too if they accused me of stealing or dishonesty

KoennenTiger

Maybe the missing pkg had an old bar code and label on another side that you scanned. I have done this at bulk stops.

I would lose it too if they accused me of stealing or dishonesty

They do ship a lot and they are a bulk stop.

But seriously way to go center mngmt ignore my years and years of solid service (again) and you come accuse me of theft? To what? Steal some windshield wipers?!!!!!!!

Yes if I was going to turn into a worthless thief and ruin my entire life that's what I'd steal.

But yeah you know the guy who does their PU does not scratch the old labels. I've had this problem before. Now how to cover my ass while pot head route next door doesn't carry a sharpie and pick up clean boxes....

Not that I don't not like you dude. But seriously, pick up clean boxes.

Scanned a bunch of packages and threw them behind a package car and someone threw them in the wrong car. Happens all the time. Scanning packages did not reduce misloads in my building.

KoennenTiger

Scanned a bunch of packages and threw them behind a package car and someone threw them in the wrong car. Happens all the time. Scanning packages did not reduce misloads in my building.

My regular preloader is on vacation, praise this dude tbh he's a :censored2: trooper. My favorite guy. My man I need you back! I already spoke with my useless union steward and yeah it's a he said she said situation.

Full timer sups said, "we're going to hold you accountable"

"but not when you have to load your own truck"

I know, let's start preload fifteen minutes later. Fifteen minutes you say! No no I've got a college degree man. Let's save even more of the money! An hour late! Come in at 5:15 guys!

Rape? No I don't think so ups that box was not on my car and she never said yes or no or no or yes I didn't even scan that box that was never even on my car :censored2:. I never even touched that box ups bro.

I never touched that box

My regular preloader is on vacation, praise this dude tbh he's a :censored2: trooper. My favorite guy. My man I need you back! I already spoke with my useless union steward and yeah it's a he said she said situation.

Full timer sups said, "we're going to hold you accountable"

"but not when you have to load your own truck"

I know, let's start preload fifteen minutes later. Fifteen minutes you say! No no I've got a college degree man. Let's save even more of the money! An hour late! Come in at 5:15 guys!

Rape? No I don't think so ups that box was not on my car and she never said yes or no or no or yes I didn't even scan that box that was never even on my car :censored2:. I never even touched that box ups bro.

I never touched that box
I bet you never hear another word about it unless you bring it up (don't). Even then management will pass the blame. The new UPS.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
the scanners have nothing to do with that

scanning adds less than a second per piece to the average loaders day (actual numbers) since most scanning is done while they’re building a carry or carrying the pieces, etc

if your building is getting down more than 5min late, it has nothing to do with the scanning and everything to do with their :censored2:ty organization
Less than a second huh. Most scanning interferes with building a carry, interferes with transporting them between cars. What time is lost? if methods were changed to take advantage of having both hands free. I can already say for certain the IE methods for building an optimum carry do not work with scanners and sharpies. Even a lazy """ will lose 5 seconds with these two tools combined. Even more if the suspect in question mastered prelo