Express Couriers working for security?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The Sprinter sliding door can be unlocked from inside the cab.
That's assuming you have qualified mechanics. Our station had a Sprinter that the mechanics had repaired and wired backwards so that whenever you hit the key fob, all the doors would UNlock!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No, we are not filthy animals like y'all
Correct me if I’m wrong Mr.UPS, but aren’t y’all the ones whose loaders and mechanics are constantly complaining about finding pee bottles in y’alls trucks? That’s a warning letter where I am. I’ve never seen one in a truck, even when I was a cover driver. Now who’s the filthy animals, ya big Turd. :)

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Correct me if I’m wrong Mr.UPS, but aren’t y’all the ones whose loaders and mechanics are constantly complaining about finding pee bottles in y’alls trucks? That’s a warning letter where I am. I’ve never seen one in a truck, even when I was a cover driver. Now who’s the filthy animals, ya big Turd. :)

Planted by the preloader.... depending on the time of year it could be a warning letter or suspension

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes they do apply. The TSA rules state that the cargo compartment has to be locked for any vehicle that carries packages that may be destined to go on a plane. If the door is closed on the cargo compartment of a UPS vehicle, it is locked.
So in other words, more overkill on the part of Fedex having couriers totally close/lock windows and doors of 700s, 900s and Isuzus.

Oldfart

So in other words, more overkill on the part of Fedex having couriers totally close/lock windows and doors of 700s, 900s and Isuzus.

Company safety rule if it isn't TSA. All a bad guy needs is an unlocked cab to hide in the truck and wait on an unsuspecting driver. I don't want my Sirius radio stolen out of my truck and sure don't want anyone waiting on me when I get back in the truck. Do you not lock your personal car when you get out?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
"The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act".

FedEx is an airline, UPS isn't.

Gotta admit - they’re sure doing one hell of an impersonation. At 240+ aircraft, UPS has a lot more airplanes than a lot of airlines that call themselves airlines.
I’m just not sure how an outfit that operates a fleet of aircraft for commercial purposes wouldn’t be considered an airline, and subject accordingly to all the rules and regs of one.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Gotta admit - they’re sure doing one hell of an impersonation. At 240+ aircraft, UPS has a lot more airplanes than a lot of airlines that call themselves airlines.
I’m just not sure how an outfit that operates a fleet of aircraft for commercial purposes wouldn’t be considered an airline, and subject accordingly to all the rules and regs of one.
UPS is a freight company that supplements its ground freight by operating aircraft.
FedEx is an airline that supplements its air freight with ground freight.
Research would show you the disadvantage to the employees of the airline as regards collective bargaining. It also works to the disadvantage of UPS.

MAKAVELI

UPS is a freight company that supplements its ground freight by operating aircraft.
FedEx is an airline that supplements its air freight with ground freight.
Research would show you the disadvantage to the employees of the airline as regards collective bargaining. It also works to the disadvantage of UPS.
This is only relevant to RLA vs NLRA regulations. Not TSA regulations.