Express handing resi deliveries to Ground

bbsam

Staff member
We'll be greatly overstaffed when this hits my station.

On the Ground side, I'm wondering how many more drivers the contractor in the area is going to have to hire? Also how many more trucks to purchase?

I'd say 50% of my truck's volume (I drive an 650) is resi P2. That's generally another 60 pieces/stops for Ground to absorb.
I had a driver leave for Express several years ago. I’ve stayed in contact with him over the years. Needless to say the news has their whole station freaking out.

zeev

This is not that hard plane lands trucks with P1 cans goes to Express stations P2 cans go to Ground stations.

bacha29

If this "Hail Mary" they're throwing up doesn't pull out a last second win for Fat Freddy that $155 stock will be a $95 stock so fast they won't know what hit them because this act of desperation is all that's left in the playbook .

bbsam

Staff member
If this "Hail Mary" they're throwing up doesn't pull out a last second win for Fat Freddy that $155 stock will be a $95 stock so fast they won't know what hit them because this act of desperation is all that's left in the playbook .
Why do you call it a Hail Mary? This is a very logical move that many around here have suggested should happen. The only part I think is overly ambitious is the timeline.

bacha29

Why do you call it a Hail Mary? This is a very logical move that many around here have suggested should happen. The only part I think is overly ambitious is the timeline.
But Sam, if not this initiative then what are the alternatives?

zeev

A huge transition the stock will suffer accordingly they are finally admitting running 2 delivery systems side by side is not efficient. Now this is a halfway measure which will probably hurt both systems . One thing those Express drivers have quit complaining about Ground.