Express packages to ground

Aquaman

Maybe where FedEx express is efficient and effective they keep it. Where it's not they don't. I don't see though how they merge employees with full benefits with workers that don't, but I also don't see making express couriers part of the contracted group that lose their pay and benefits without a mass exodus and a big problem for Fedex. If they want to protect their name brand and service level, I don't see how a full contractor model works, in fact I thought it would have been the opposite.
The answer is they don’t know what they’re doing. There is no master plan. There is no merger on the table. They’re shifting stuff around in certain areas and that means nothing for other areas. They are throwing darts at the dartboard and just hoping something saves them. This forum gives the people who run this disaster too much credit. Look no further than the TNT integration. They bought that company with zero idea of how to effectively merge it. In the wise words of Heath Ledger… they’re just dogs chasing cars. They wouldn’t know what to do with one if they caught it. They just DO things.

vantexan

Maybe where FedEx express is efficient and effective they keep it. Where it's not they don't. I don't see though how they merge employees with full benefits with workers that don't, but I also don't see making express couriers part of the contracted group that lose their pay and benefits without a mass exodus and a big problem for Fedex. If they want to protect their name brand and service level, I don't see how a full contractor model works, in fact I thought it would have been the opposite.
When I sent a pkg about 4 months ago the CSA at the front counter gave me the run down of services I could choose from including Ground. Back when I was still working people could drop off a Ground package at an Express station but I don't believe the CSA's were taking payment for Ground service then. If Express is turning over rural deliveries to Ground it should be as easy as the CSA looking on the computer and seeing the services offered for the recipient's address. If only Ground then the shipper chooses whether to use that or not. Should be fairly easy to integrate that. But probably means the demise of domiciled couriers in remote areas. I did that several times, and if I ever came back to Express that would be the only way I would return. But likely that kind of situation will end.

Cheesypurpletees

When I sent a pkg about 4 months ago the CSA at the front counter gave me the run down of services I could choose from including Ground. Back when I was still working people could drop off a Ground package at an Express station but I don't believe the CSA's were taking payment for Ground service then. If Express is turning over rural deliveries to Ground it should be as easy as the CSA looking on the computer and seeing the services offered for the recipient's address. If only Ground then the shipper chooses whether to use that or not. Should be fairly easy to integrate that. But probably means the demise of domiciled couriers in remote areas. I did that several times, and if I ever came back to Express that would be the only way I would return. But likely that kind of situation will end.

I was a domicile courier at express for 13 years in California and 80% of my freight were from the Midwest and east to New York/Florida. The demise of coastal Domiciles seems unlikely; unless Raj shreds the rla agreement and utilizes those coast to coast flights for ground services

vantexan

I was a domicile courier at express for 13 years in California and 80% of my freight were from the Midwest and east to New York/Florida. The demise of coastal Domiciles seems unlikely; unless Raj shreds the rla agreement and utilizes those coast to coast flights for ground services
It's not an automatic, one size fits all. I was domiciled in a border town that did a ton of cross border traffic. So much so that the substation 60 miles away was eventually moved to that town. But I also was a remote courier in huge areas with very few people and no pickup service. The company doesn't make any profit in such areas. Can easily see people there being told overnight is no longer available. Morning of the second day maybe like they do in Alaska.

Gone fishin

It's not an automatic, one size fits all. I was domiciled in a border town that did a ton of cross border traffic. So much so that the substation 60 miles away was eventually moved to that town. But I also was a remote courier in huge areas with very few people and no pickup service. The company doesn't make any profit in such areas. Can easily see people there being told overnight is no longer available. Morning of the second day maybe like they do in Alaska.
In our meeting this morning , getting back to impeccable service was the topic of the future.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It could go any number of ways depending on various things but I don't think it will amount to much of anything. FedEx drops the suit if boy wonder agrees to play nice and says all the right things. He still has the right to say whatever he wants about FedEx, but he's staying quiet. I'd say he's learning.
You’re still back at corporate apology school I see.

BoxDriver

Attachments

• B356C3B6-B564-4595-958F-A8481C7F61C5.jpeg
    B356C3B6-B564-4595-958F-A8481C7F61C5.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 41

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It would have nothing to do with the RLA.

zeev

Just got an Amazon guy in a UPS like truck makes 21.00 hour, next a real UPSer making twice as much wonder which model FedEx will choose, Couriers tell me they are happy where their at but is FedEx happy is the question.