Express packages to ground

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Amazon has derailed any hope Express has. Free 2 day shipping with god awful service… and everyone loves it. We’re concerned about service? Amazon proves the customers aren’t.
I know I’m not when I order from Amazon. If the shipping is free, it doesn’t bother me to receive the package 2 or 3 days late. If I need something immediately, I’ll take my butt to the store and buy it.

bacha29

I think he probably does. I think it lays the entire contract wide open to examination and cross examination in print and in practice.
Once again it comes back to the same fact regarding the contract.....nothing's binding. No matter what the contract language says they still do whatever they damn well please while laughing right in the face of the contractor.
Unfortunately. now that the GOP has the House any movement legislatively on the matter will get killed in committee.
As a a result it's never going to get any better and a few small court victories won't make any difference and since it's not going to get any better for them there will unlikely be a more advantageous time one time compared to another for a contractor to free himself from a deteriorating situation.

bacha29

Interesting perspective.

What legislative movement have Democrats made on the "matter" over the last two years of their complete control of government?
Check the historical data. You will find that among the many thousands of pieces of legislation introduced during every Congress a low single digit percentage actually gets voted on regardless of which party controls Congress at that time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
now that the GOP has the House any movement legislatively on the matter will get killed in committee.
What legislative movement have Democrats made on the "matter" over the last two years of their complete control of government?
You will find that among the many thousands of pieces of legislation introduced during every Congress a low single digit percentage actually gets voted on
So Democrats did nothing when they had control, but "now" nothing will happen because of the GOP.

Lol, okay.

Mutineer

I know I’m not when I order from Amazon. If the shipping is free, it doesn’t bother me to receive the package 2 or 3 days late. If I need something immediately, I’ll take my butt to the store and buy it.

My thoughts exactly. I use Amazon and Ebay for all the weird, but important little things I want/need and are too much gawdamm hassle to drive all over Creation to try and sometimes fail to find.

I don't care if it takes awhile for something that is NOT of urgent need. Day or three late?, yawn, ...oh well.

It's not unusual that I get things late. It is very rare that something is sooo late that I am actually inconvenienced.

But if I need it right *-ing now I will consult my phone, get in my vehicle, suffer the traffic and idiots, and go and get it.

Gone fishin

My thoughts exactly. I use Amazon and Ebay for all the weird, but important little things I want/need and are too much gawdamm hassle to drive all over Creation to try and sometimes fail to find.

I don't care if it takes awhile for something that is NOT of urgent need. Day or three late?, yawn, ...oh well.

It's not unusual that I get things late. It is very rare that something is sooo late that I am actually inconvenienced.

But if I need it right *-ing now I will consult my phone, get in my vehicle, suffer the traffic and idiots, and go and get it.
In that case why wouldn’t you use the post office , UPS , FDX , DHL would be irrelevant. You can’t have a company that the policy would be maybe you’ll get it sooner than later , good luck.
Cmon man

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think he probably does. I think it lays the entire contract wide open to examination and cross examination in print and in practice.
The only elements of the contract that will be bothered with are those that pertain to the basis of the complaint filed by Ground.

People have terribly overestimated him and whatever it is they hope he accomplishes.

Aquaman

Same. Amazon has proven that commit times mean nothing to 99% of residential deliveries. “End of day” is good enough for people when the shipping is free. I personally don’t know how Amazon makes any money delivering their own stuff. It’s not like Prime is expensive. And it’s not like the products on their site are expensive. Amazon is really cheap. And usually the best price you can find for things. And it’s delivered for free? How is there any profit in what they do? And here Express is freaking out about every little dip in volume lol.

SFFX

Same. Amazon has proven that commit times mean nothing to 99% of residential deliveries. “End of day” is good enough for people when the shipping is free. I personally don’t know how Amazon makes any money delivering their own stuff. It’s not like Prime is expensive. And it’s not like the products on their site are expensive. Amazon is really cheap. And usually the best price you can find for things. And it’s delivered for free? How is there any profit in what they do? And here Express is freaking out about every little dip in volume lol.
They dont make money delivering, 5 billion lost last year in delivering. They also canceled many new distribution centers, and have over 250% turnover rate. Amazons philosophy is flood the market at a loss, kill the competition, then monopolize the market.

bbsam

Staff member
The only elements of the contract that will be bothered with are those that pertain to the basis of the complaint filed by Ground.

People have terribly overestimated him and whatever it is they hope he accomplishes.
Have you read Patton’s court filed response to the suit?

bacha29

So Democrats did nothing when they had control, but "now" nothing will happen because of the GOP.

Lol, okay.
GOP had full control of Congress 6 of the 8 years of the Clinton presidency and 6 of the 8 years of the Obama presidency and you're condemning the Democrats for not moving on legislation regarding the legal definition of an independent contractor or Fat Freddy's abuse of the RLA exemption?

Your party had full control of both houses of Congress 14 out of the past 20 years and 20 of the past 28 so you tell me WHY your party did nothing regarding these matters.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
you're condemning the Democrats for not moving on legislation regarding the legal definition of an independent contractor or Fat Freddy's abuse of the RLA exemption?
No, I'm simply asking you what "movement legislatively" Democrats have made.

When I asked you before, you couldn't come up with anything.

So, nothing?

bacha29

No, I'm simply asking you what "movement legislatively" Democrats have made.

When I asked you before, you couldn't come up with anything.

So, nothing?
And neither have you from a GOP standpoint . It's getting late so perhaps you should get some rest . Morning package sort comes early and we wouldn't want you to misload any driver's truck with the wrong boxes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's getting late so perhaps you should get some rest . Morning package sort comes early and we wouldn't want you to misload any driver's truck with the wrong boxes.
6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.