Extra work

Rack em

Made the Podium
It is nice except it is a massive paycut! For the past 10 years we’ve had unlimited overtime and they just decided now to take it away! Who knows though all that change tomorrow morning ya never know
If you can't live off 40 hours a week at top rate then you got a problem. Just gotta learn how to budget man.

Sporhwhore

Oh I agree! It’s just always been that way and now it’s gone but maybe not for long who knows... I could definitely get used to getting off early but I can’t lie it does shock your system a little bit going from low 50’s to low 40’s.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Oh I agree! It’s just always been that way and now it’s gone but maybe not for long who knows... I could definitely get used to getting off early but I can’t lie it does shock your system a little bit going from low 50’s to low 40’s.
I guess that is a big jump. I've just noticed that if I work 50+ hours my paychecks aren't much bigger compared to when working like 45 hours. Taxes eat up all that extra OT.

Justaloader

You just need to claim more deductions on state & federal
And then you'll pay for it at the end of the year, instead of on each paycheck. Best bet is to set it up so that you break even at the end of the year - don't give uncle sam a free loan, but don't take so much that you owe him at the end of the year, either.