Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

You are making things say what you want them to say again.

I see.
So it did not say that? Interesting. So now somehow heat related injuries are mostly a problem for people of color and poor people. UPS Is a rather large work group and I don’t think most people would consider as low wage. I would’ve honest honestly thought it had more to do with people who worked outside or in a hot warehouse not based on color of skin or wages.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Too funny, and sad.

I’m with you.
So, climate control in every package car- front and back areas, and every hub needs to be 69 degrees at all times? Also, unlimited free beverages and sparking water?

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
So, climate control in every package car- front and back areas, and every hub needs to be 69 degrees at all times? Also, unlimited free beverages and sparking water?
Can't speak for others, but I don't want my water sparking. Don't want a tongue zap every time I take a swig. 🥶 ⚡

Trucker Clock

He didn’t say what he said.

I understand that some people are not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I'll help you out.

Now, follow along. I am going to type this very slowly so that you won't get lost. You still with me?

It is not relevant what @Thebrownblob said in response to the question. What is relevant was the question. Still with me?

The question OSHA asked was "Does UPS provide access to water and ice in the morning?" Why do you think they would ask this question? Remember, I'm typing real so so as not to lose you.

They asked that question because that is the only OSHA requirement. If @Thebrownblob answered no, then UPS may have been in violation. But this is not the issue. You repeatedly stated that the package car is the drivers work area and that UPS must have water available to its employees close to their work area. Still with me?

So, according to OSHA, there is no requirement to provide water in the package cars. Nor is there a requirement to provide drivers with coolers. If there was, that would have been a question that OSHA asked @Thebrownblob.

I haven't lost you yet, have I? Remember, I am still typing very slowly.

You are wrong, as proved by the question asked by OSHA. They asked if their regulation was being met regarding water. Was water available in the morning. That is the only OSHA requirement.

If I lost you, remember, I am still typing very slowly so you can follow along, I can try again and type even slower.

Thebrownblob

I understand that some people are not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I'll help you out.

Now, follow along. I am going to type this very slowly so that you won't get lost. You still with me?

It is not relevant what @Thebrownblob said in response to the question. What is relevant was the question. Still with me?

The question OSHA asked was "Does UPS provide access to water and ice in the morning?" Why do you think they would ask this question? Remember, I'm typing real so so as not to lose you.

They asked that question because that is the only OSHA requirement. If @Thebrownblob answered no, then UPS may have been in violation. But this is not the issue. You repeatedly stated that the package car is the drivers work area and that UPS must have water available to its employees close to their work area. Still with me?

So, according to OSHA, there is no requirement to provide water in the package cars. Nor is there a requirement to provide drivers with coolers. If there was, that would have been a question that OSHA asked @Thebrownblob.

You are wrong, as proved by the question asked by OSHA. They asked if their regulation was being met regarding water. Was water available in the morning. That is the only OSHA requirement.

If I lost you, remember, I am still typing very slowly so you can follow along, I can try again and type even slower.
I’m glad you caught what I was trying to convey it was their questions that were the most important imo.

They asked those questions first before they ever asked me my opinions or my observations.

I would’ve thought those questions were of the upmost importance because I did not request this meeting it was requested of me from them.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Yes
No.

What was said as an answer to the question is what is most important and relevant to me. He never said how he answered it.
The question OSHA asked was "Does UPS provide access to water and ice in the morning?"
That is what he said.
Why do you think they would ask this question?
Because they wanted to know.
Remember, I'm typing real so so as not to lose you.
I remember.
They asked that question because that is the only OSHA requirement.
You really have no reason why the Compliance officer asked that question do you? How could you?
If @Thebrownblob answered no, then UPS may have been in violation. But this is not the issue. You repeatedly stated that the package car is the drivers work area and that UPS must have water available to its employees close to their work area. Still with me?
Yes
So, according to OSHA, there is no requirement to provide water in the package cars.
Not true.
Nor is there a requirement to provide drivers with coolers.
Not true.
If there was, that would have been a question that OSHA asked
Not necessarily.
@Thebrownblob.

No
You are wrong, as proved by the question asked by OSHA.
No it does not.
They asked if their regulation was being met regarding water.
That was not the question, you changed the question now.
Was water available in the morning.
That was not the stated question.
That is the only OSHA requirement.
No it is not.
Don’t bother.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m glad you caught what I was trying to convey it was their questions that were the most important imo.

They asked those questions first before they ever asked me my opinions or my observations.

I would’ve thought those questions were of the upmost importance because I did not request this meeting it was requested of me from them.
I already stated my opinion how you appeared inexperienced when dealing with this interview.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.