Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This one? https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/directives/CPL_03-00-024.pdf

Much of that we already do, the rest of it looks like Nanny State BS similar to the government sliding in the need for interlock devices on new cars in the next few years to make sure you’re not drunk before you drive. Are these the kinds of changes you think are good for everyone? A bureaucratic nightmare that becomes just as much of a burden for the employee as the employer.
Yes and this might help simplify and educate you on what UPS can expect over the next 3 years.

https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/heat-nep-factsheet-en.pdf

Trucker Clock

I see you lack experience in this area.

Probably explains your lack of success with working with OSHA.

With your cynical attitude towards their questions it is clear to me UPS employees we’re not well represented by you. The company may have been well represented but not the employees.

Your cynical attitude is IMO hindering your ability to properly protect your employees rights under OSHA.

Wrong, again, for about the hundredth time.

OSHA asked him whether UPS is abiding by their regulations. They asked him if UPS has water and ice available in the mornings for package car drivers.

That's all they needed to do. I know, you want UPS to supply you with a cooler, ice, water and bring more out to you throughout the day. Ain't gonna happen.

The only relevant question as to whether or not UPS is in compliance is, whether you want to believe it or not, is water available to drivers before they leave. Drinking fountain. Case closed.

Thebrownblob

Thebrownblob

OSHA asked him whether UPS is abiding by their regulations. They asked him if UPS has water and ice available in the mornings for package car drivers.

That's all they needed to do. I know, you want UPS to supply you with a cooler, ice, water and bring more out to you throughout the day. Ain't gonna happen.

The only relevant question as to whether or not UPS is in compliance is, whether you want to believe it or not, is water available to drivers before they leave. Drinking fountain. Case closed.
That is correct I was never asked if there was water jugs available on the truck or ice on the truck. If they were in violation would they not have asked that? If they had asked that question I would have replied absolutely not. And there never has been. Somehow integrity has some secret knowledge that only he knows.

Thebrownblob

Yes and this might help simplify and educate you on what UPS can expect over the next 3 years.

https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/heat-nep-factsheet-en.pdf
From your fact sheet that is chalk full of non facts. Sprinkled with wokeism as well.

“Low-wage workers and workers of color disproportionally make up the population of employees exposed
to high levels of heat, intensifying socioeconomic and racial inequalities.”

This is the kind of crap you believe? If that’s true how does that explain how UPS drivers who are not low wage and all races and creeds are having this problem?

This is more woke BS.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not.
He didn’t say what he said.
It will. Just wait. 3 year OSHA NEP. This is really only beginning. Sorry.

Haven’t you talked about this enough or do you just miss me.
We’ll see. The NEP only began in April. We may want to educate yourself on what UPS should expect over the next 3 years.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I see you lack experience in this area.

Probably explains your lack of success with working with OSHA.
Well. Let me ask you. You've apparently got lots of experience with OSHA. And the heat is a very important issue to you.
It's been hot for decades in the backs of the trucks. They've been without water and AC installed in the trucks for decades as well.

Why didn't you do anything before?

Your cynical attitude is IMO hindering your ability to properly protect your employees rights under OSHA.
Union stewards represent their employees' interests regarding the union, and our collectively bargained contract.
I do not care about your government body that wants to make deals with UPS.

Integrity

Binge Poster
From your fact sheet that is chalk full of non facts. Sprinkled with wokeism as well.

“Low-wage workers and workers of color disproportionally make up the population of employees exposed
to high levels of heat, intensifying socioeconomic and racial inequalities.”

This is the kind of crap you believe? If that’s true how does that explain how UPS drivers who are not low wage and all races and creeds are having this problem?

This is more woke BS.
Here we go.

Stick with the facts of the issue.

It is was it is.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Great. Some may need more training, education, and encouragement.

It is clear you don’t care about the marginalized or oppressed workers at UPS.

I care about the marginalized and oppressed workers at UPS.
We are still waiting for your plan? What exactly do you want changed?

My answer is not much that can be done but if you want to negotiate heat index bonus pay, I'm good with that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well. Let me ask you. You've apparently got lots of experience with OSHA. And the heat is a very important issue to you.
It's been hot for decades in the backs of the trucks. They've been without water and AC installed in the trucks for decades as well.

Why didn't you do anything before?
Was doing other things.

I try to limit myself to one or maximum 2 issues that I feel are most important to me.
Union stewards represent their employees' interests regarding the union, and our collectively bargained contract.
Rights and responsibilities under regulatory bodies are not the same as employees' interests regarding the union, and our collectively bargained contract.
I do not care about your government body that wants to make deals with UPS.
That is your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.