Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
The new management that had been hired in the last couple years are poorly paid, poorly trained, have lost most of the benefits that made the job worthwhile. Carol has destroyed the culture this is the fruits of that.
keep those crashes coming boys!
😎✊

oldngray

nowhere special
If you look a little closer you will realize much of that money being made is due to cuts, that will eventually eat into profits most likely after she’s gone.
Hire an outsider who is only looking at the short term and this is the result. She will raid the company then leave on her golden parachute.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you look a little closer you will realize much of that money being made is due to cuts, that will eventually eat into profits most likely after she’s gone.
There was fat that needed to be trimmed. While it was nice to have HR in the building, it was not necessary (except for Peak hiring). Integrad used to be all in person training----the bulk of it is now done online before they get to class. 22.4's and PVD's save a ton of money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hire an outsider who is only looking at the short term and this is the result. She will raid the company then leave on her golden parachute.
Nope----if she does leave, the company will be a much leaner, more efficient operation thanks to her efforts. She turned Home Depot around and will do the same for UPS.

Nothing wrong with a fresh set of eyes, whether it be at the center level or at corporate.

Thebrownblob

There was fat that needed to be trimmed. While it was nice to have HR in the building, it was not necessary (except for Peak hiring). Integrad used to be all in person training----the bulk of it is now done online before they get to class. 22.4's and PVD's save a ton of money.
Well coming from you that’s not shocking, being a grade A Company ask kiss it’s not complicated to understand your view.

Thebrownblob

Nope----if she does leave, the company will be a much leaner, more efficient operation thanks to her efforts. She turned Home Depot around and will do the same for UPS.

Nothing wrong with a fresh set of eyes, whether it be at the center level or at corporate.
The most clueless response I’ve ever read. In other words more of the same from you

upschuck

She claims better, not bigger, we are neither, at the moment.

Est.1998

Not seeing your point.

What was this news from NJ in 2019 about?

The actual extreme temperatures in the package car cargo area during hot days is what needs to be reported in the news.
Surface temps aren’t the same as air. That photo looks like the person taking the temp is pointing the thermometer at the metal door which will be hotter than the air.
Also, a driver shouldn’t be in the cargo area for longer than a couple of mins.
If i feel I’ll be back there longer than 3 mins, I’m opening my front and back door.

Thebrownblob

Surface temps aren’t the same as air. That photo looks like the person taking the temp is pointing the thermometer at the metal door which will be hotter than the air.
If i feel I’ll be back there longer than 3 mins, I’m opening my front and back door.
You and your common sense

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever I would sort the PC I would open all of the doors.

Whenever I would want to clean out the cargo area I would go on a back road, open up all of the doors and let the wind work its magic, speeding up to 50 and quickly slowing down to 0, repeating as needed until the area was clean.

Thebrownblob

Whenever I would sort the PC I would open all of the doors.

Whenever I would want to clean out the cargo area I would go on a back road, open up all of the doors and let the wind work its magic, speeding up to 50 and quickly slowing down to 0, repeating as needed until the area was clean.
Good way to get fired. Please stop giving bad advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.