Eye Doctor Appointment

over9five

Staff member
Have to go now...

Can't wait, I feel much blinder than when I last went two years ago. Need glasses to read.
Sucks getting old.......

over9five

Staff member
He upped my prescription .25.

Good plan we have. 3 free pair for me, 2 for wifey.
Scratch guard free.
Transitionals free.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was 47, I was reading the stock page in the paper (tiny print)one day and the next day it was blurry. The eye doctor gave me the choice of glasses for reading or just the magnifiers. I chose magnifiers and I've upped the number over & over again. I still get the eyes checked because diabetics are suppose to.

I'm a 3.00 magnifier now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We get one free pair each year. I have two pair so I have one pair upgraded this year and the other the next and so on.

At my last appt I asked them to see if I would be a candidate for Lasik--I'm not.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am. I am seriously thinking about it. There is a Dr in Syracuse who does the more advanced version. NASA approved?? I don't know. He's a good eye doctor. I wouldn't have wanted to grow up with his last name.:blushing2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I can read any size print up close. I always get chosen to read stuff for my vain friends at the saloon who won't admit they need specks. But if the big E is 10 feet away I can hardly pick it out without my specks. While employeed at UPS I wore contacts for about 25 years. I remember my eye doctor telling me after he found out I had been drafted in 1968-----"You don't have to worry about being drafted because even in WWII they weren't taking guys with your vision-"-----------------I eventually sent him a letter from Vietnam.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
My son-in-law had lasik about 2 months ago. He has the eyesight of an eagle now.

Boy, the description of what they did almost made me ill !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am. I am seriously thinking about it. There is a Dr in Syracuse who does the more advanced version. NASA approved?? I don't know. He's a good eye doctor. I wouldn't have wanted to grow up with his last name.:blushing2:
Husband had lasik and swears by it. Don't cheap out looking for a 2 for 1 special the way Doug did for Carrie. Go to someone who's done a lot of them successfully.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That's this guy. He is a well respected doctor, whose father started the practice. He's very good. I don't know the details, as I hate gore and didn't want to hear, but he doesn't do what the strip mall lasik guys go. Like I said, he said something about NASA approved. I am guessing the other 'styles' aren't. A girlfriend's ex-husband has it done strip mall style. One of his eyes has issues still. I didn't know they actually cut. Enough! cant take the gore!!!

old levi's

blank space
Have to go now...

Can't wait, I feel much blinder than when I last went two years ago. Need glasses to read.
Sucks getting old.......

You're not old yet! If I was your age I would feel likeSuperman.
get with the color scheme over:wink2:
fixed it for ya :)

Last edited by a moderator: