Failed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Upsucks, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Upsucks

Upsucks New Member

Just finished intergrad I passed but was told by a classmate a guy from his building failed but was pushed through! Anyone ever heard someone fail intergrad and still drive?! What was the point in me even trying then??!

2. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

He must have been related to someone in upper management.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

Must of got on his.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

You're right. Just phone it in from now on, it'll work out fine.

5. Upsucks

Upsucks New Member

Something or was a brown noser

6. Upsucks

Upsucks New Member

If they are just going to give it to someone why try couldn't someone file if they failed also kinda new at all this

7. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Who cares about the other guy! You're a driver now, go out and buy a brand new pickup truck!!

8. zubenelgenubi

If you had failed and didn't get pushed through like him, you might have had a case. But you didn't so there is no harm to you. Someone else getting a better deal does not necessarily give you anything to grieve.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

I think he's saying if someone fails and gets the boot then they could grieve it since this other driver got pushed through when he failed.

10. Sudz

Sudz Active Member

Seems to happen pretty frequently in my building. Fail Integrad for some inane reason, go to the local driving school and pass effortlessly. I can think of at least 3 people who were pushed through in the last 7 months.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. zubenelgenubi

In his second post he asked that, but I think he's mostly unhappy that he put in the effort to pass, and some slacker didn't but still got the job anyway. I can't say I blame him.

12. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

You need to try because management doesn't really like you and would never "push" you through intergrad.

Hope this helps.

13. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

Yea, file under "life is unfair" I'm sure you'll appreciate the payout.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

This is your first lesson of many at UPS. This rule is called “worry about you”. Don’t look around to see what everyone else has, or doesn’t have, you’re here for a paycheck, pension, and benefits.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

That :censored2: happens every day at every company.

Put your big girl panties on and worry about yourself. Nothing good ever comes out of being resentful of or questioning the success of others.

Also, people are told things all the time that often aren’t even true.

16. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

In my training class a million years ago a guy was unable to drive a manual transmission. They pushed him through because his center sucked and couldn't find people who wanted to drive. (The new driver was transferring from a hub 10 miles away that did not have delivery routes. His new area really sucked)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Poor advice.... make book first, pay into the union to secure yo position... then do this:

(edit: unless you're a 22.4)

[​IMG]

18. plsdeez

plsdeez Member

my old center was allowing drivers, who were DQd from intergrad after day 3, to retake the training class locally. lesson learned: avoid intergrad (if you can) and bust your butt through progression.

19. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Who cares about the effort you put in, you did what you had to. I think it's great they DGAF about someone failing integrad and let them qualify the real way. It's just a pony show.

20. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Kiss the ring.