Failed

Upsucks

Just finished intergrad I passed but was told by a classmate a guy from his building failed but was pushed through! Anyone ever heard someone fail intergrad and still drive?! What was the point in me even trying then??!

rod

Retired 22 years
Just finished intergrad I passed but was told by a classmate a guy from his building failed but was pushed through! Anyone ever heard someone fail intergrad and still drive?! What was the point in me even trying then??!
He must have been related to someone in upper management.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You're right. Just phone it in from now on, it'll work out fine.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Who cares about the other guy! You're a driver now, go out and buy a brand new pickup truck!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If they are just going to give it to someone why try couldn't someone file if they failed also kinda new at all this

If you had failed and didn't get pushed through like him, you might have had a case. But you didn't so there is no harm to you. Someone else getting a better deal does not necessarily give you anything to grieve.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you had failed and didn't get pushed through like him, you might have had a case. But you didn't so there is no harm to you. Someone else getting a better deal does not necessarily give you anything to grieve.
I think he's saying if someone fails and gets the boot then they could grieve it since this other driver got pushed through when he failed.

Nah

Seems to happen pretty frequently in my building. Fail Integrad for some inane reason, go to the local driving school and pass effortlessly. I can think of at least 3 people who were pushed through in the last 7 months.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think he's saying if someone fails and gets the boot then they could grieve it since this other driver got pushed through when he failed.

In his second post he asked that, but I think he's mostly unhappy that he put in the effort to pass, and some slacker didn't but still got the job anyway. I can't say I blame him.

watdaflock?

You need to try because management doesn't really like you and would never "push" you through intergrad.

Hope this helps.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If they are just going to give it to someone why try couldn't someone file if they failed also kinda new at all this
This is your first lesson of many at UPS. This rule is called “worry about you”. Don’t look around to see what everyone else has, or doesn’t have, you’re here for a paycheck, pension, and benefits.

Box Ox

I think he's mostly unhappy that he put in the effort to pass, and some slacker didn't but still got the job anyway. I can't say I blame him.

That :censored2: happens every day at every company.

Put your big girl panties on and worry about yourself. Nothing good ever comes out of being resentful of or questioning the success of others.

Also, people are told things all the time that often aren’t even true.

CoolStoryBro

In my training class a million years ago a guy was unable to drive a manual transmission. They pushed him through because his center sucked and couldn't find people who wanted to drive. (The new driver was transferring from a hub 10 miles away that did not have delivery routes. His new area really sucked)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Who cares about the other guy! You're a driver now, go out and buy a brand new pickup truck!!

Poor advice.... make book first, pay into the union to secure yo position... then do this:

(edit: unless you're a 22.4)

giphy.gif

deeztier

my old center was allowing drivers, who were DQd from intergrad after day 3, to retake the training class locally. lesson learned: avoid intergrad (if you can) and bust your butt through progression.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Who cares about the effort you put in, you did what you had to. I think it's great they DGAF about someone failing integrad and let them qualify the real way. It's just a pony show.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Kiss the ring.