Failed

ManInBrown

Only old people who will be in the ground soon pay cash rod.
Most people try to get a low interest rate 1-3% and invest the money to make money on it.
Exactly. I haven’t carried cash on me in 10+ years. CC for everything. Paid in full every month, while getting $200+ in rewards monthly. I know people that pay cash for everything. Never use CC’s. You couldn’t be dumber if you are going thru life paying cash for everything.

PT Car Washer

Exactly. I haven’t carried cash on me in 10+ years. CC for everything. Paid in full every month, while getting $200+ in rewards monthly. I know people that pay cash for everything. Never use CC’s. You couldn’t be dumber if you are going thru life paying cash for everything.
You must mean me. Always avoid credit cards unless for car or hotel rentals. If I don't have the cash in my pocket or able to get it, I don't need it.

El Correcto

god is dead
You must mean me. Always avoid credit cards unless for car or hotel rentals. If I don't have the cash in my pocket or able to get it, I don't need it.
My father is well off. Has money to pay off every vehicle he owns and his house + more.

He still uses a credit card, takes out loans for vehicles and his home. Hardly ever pays cash to earn the perks of using a credit card and to invest his money into other things instead of blowing it on a purchase that is just going to devalue over time.

He is a smart dude when it comes to finances and is a real penny pincher when it comes to most things in life. He tries to make every dollar he earned earn for him.

ManInBrown

Nobody is saying to go out and buy a bunch of stuff you can’t afford. That’s not what I’m doing. I use CC’s for everyday purchases. Gas, food, etc. etc.

It makes no sense. If you are buying those items with cash, then you obviously have the money. So why not use a CC and get free cash?

ManInBrown

It’s amazing how this is so hard to comprehend. Every single week we need to buy items. The money is in the bank. Why in the world would you pay cash, when you can use a CC, get the bill, pay the bill in full with said money in the bank, and get a bunch of extra free money. No one is saying to go out and buy a boat every other week.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
It’s amazing how this is so hard to comprehend. Every single week we need to buy items. The money is in the bank. Why in the world would you pay cash, when you can use a CC, get the bill, pay the bill in full with said money in the bank, and get a bunch of extra free money. No one is saying to go out and buy a boat every other week.
Not hard to comprehend as I don't care about my fico score. Sure I have one and it is good, but why in the world would I wanna use the plastic when I can pay cash. Ever been to the local gas station and the big sign on the door says "cash only" because the machines are down? Screw the machines bro. When everyone is walking back to their vehicles I am walking in with cold hard cash. What in the world is so wrong with that?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I am just an old soul even though I am not quite 50. I heard too many stories from my grandparents growing up about surviving the depression. I have some ration books around here somewhere. Makes you think about a few things.