False accusation of theft from the customer.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hmmm. At a business or resi? Employees at my pickups toss an RS into the pile often enough; the return address will be their residence (not the business where I'm picking it up). I never think twice about picking those up. If it was at a resi, and didn't have a note "UPS please pick up" or there was no OCA I'd make contact before I took it. If no answer I'd even write a note inquiring about the pkg: "Is that pkg with an outbound label for me to pick up? If so, please leave a note next time."
Literally just did this.

Had a call tag, and the package left on the porch had a fedex delivery label. Looked like it had been retaped, so I’m pretty sure it was the pickup, but they weren’t home to verify. Left an info notice asking them if it was outbound, and that I’d swing back by tomorrow.

Whither

Scofflaw
Literally just did this.

Had a call tag, and the package left on the porch had a fedex delivery label. Looked like it had been retaped, so I’m pretty sure it was the pickup, but they weren’t home to verify. Left an info notice asking them if it was outbound, and that I’d swing back by tomorrow.
Yep, no reason to take it if we're not certain. It's cracked me up the couple times people have gotten irritated with me for not taking an unmarked pkg. "Amazon didn't tell me I needed to leave a note!" "Well, I'm not a mind-reader, and I'm not in the business of taking things off people's porches, so next time leave me a note."

bumped

Hey guys just right now I am being accused by a customer for supposed stealing of their parcel after i delivered their package. It shows me taking a moment to look at the package to indicate if it was a outbound package (which it was just that the return label didn't match up) what's going to happen. Police are involved now which is a waste of time
You've been asked, but haven't answered. Did you scan the pick up package? If not, why didn't you?