Faster

BigE

Thanx guys I took suggestions from some and friends who drive and today ran 30 under so things are looking better

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownrod

I just feel like 4 days and you want me to be on time no problems or imma get disqualified its nuts

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's how they motivate you. They call it constructive dissatisfaction. They will never tell you that you are doing well enough. Even if you are. So get used to it. you have 30 days. only a few of us kill it from day one.

wayfair

swollen member
Punch in your hour lunch and work through some if it if you have to. Try to find time to sort your truck or sort little by little while you try to find your next few stops. Most importantly just be safe and have faith in your self. After a week or two you will have gotten the hang of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DON'T EVER PUNCH IN YOUR LUNCH AND WORK THROUGH SOME OF IT

platinum9898

You should spend very little time in the back of the truck if possible. As you are walking back to the truck after a delivery look at the next few stops in the DIAD so that you know where they SHOULD be loaded and how many packages are for each stop.

If you are running over it is probably not from being lost. As long as the package car is moving you are adding miles which adds to your planned day.

What is killing you is taking too much time during the actual delivery. I hope this helps

Most effective way to save time is this right here. Eliminate your time in the back of the truck. I have officially stopped taking 15 minute's to sort out a whole and just go with the flow, sorting as i look for packages, placing next deliveries to either the rear or front of truck based on if you're using a dock or your dolly. Little by little you will familiarize yourself with how the truck is loaded and where packages are. You want to be in and out of that truck at each stop. If you have 3 stops right next to each other just take them all with you and walk them even do both sides of street. Remember the goal for one package one stop is to be in and out in less than 5 seconds. Get as many SIGNATURES as you can avoid driver release and watch your time allowance grow. 30 seconds for driver release vs 3 minutes for a damn signature. Input over 70 quantity under special counts after you pressed big arrow down. Don't toss packages around searching for your immediate stop. Remember search and sort.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Signatures do help but I seriously doubt any route gets 3 min for a signature. It also varies from route to route so if you get that much time just to get a sig, consider retiring on that route .

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
sets you up for falsifying records if they want to prove it.
Nope, they're not falsifying records. They're designating that as their lunch. If they choose to do work during their lunch break to help make seniority, that's called working off the clock, not falsifying.

Once you make seniority, take your full lunch...until then, do what you have to do.

Falsifying records isn't a cardinal sin anyway--they would have to discipline under dishonesty and with the last contract dishonesty was changed to be an intentional act where the employee intends to defraud the company. The employee is defrauding themselves, not the company.

Last edited:

Md861

If the job is important to you just do a little home work. Drive your area on the weekend to learn those neighborhoods and stay organized is the best advice. Once your load gets out of control it's a real time killer. Just make sure to use all the del habits they set fourth because if you try to take a short cut on anything it will develop into a problem a lot sooner then later. By the book is what you need to think.

platinum9898

Signatures do help but I seriously doubt any route gets 3 min for a signature. It also varies from route to route so if you get that much time just to get a sig, consider retiring on that route .

Sent using BrownCafe App

Idk maybe they know that where I'm at ppl say "who is it" again and again for the first 2 1/2 minutes...

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope, they're not falsifying records. They're designating that as their lunch. If they choose to do work during their lunch break to help make seniority, that's called working off the clock, not falsifying.

Once you make seniority, take your full lunch...until then, do what you have to do.

Falsifying records isn't a cardinal sin anyway--they would have to discipline under dishonesty and with the last contract dishonesty was changed to be an intentional act where the employee intends to defraud the company. The employee is defrauding themselves, not the company.

Technically, recording a lunch and working through it would be falsifying records.