Favorite vacation spot

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Soon, very soon. I really need a vacation, & can't wait to be here.
image.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Oh yeah, couldn't resist the low prices!
Cozumel
Costa Maya
Isla Roatan
Belize

If anyone has any advice on what to do in any of these places, let me know. We have ideas except for Belize....
We went to Belize on the bc cruise. IMHO that was the best excursion of the cruise. Atv's through the jungle and then cave tubing. I'm sure everyone behind my atv still hates me because I was so excruciatingly slow on mine. Great excursion not through the cruiseline. trplnkl found it and shared it with us, http://www.cave-tubing.com/

In Roatan Carnival has their own island. We spent most of that day in the sun by a bar... Tony rented a paddle boat and paddled by armed guards? I don't remember much else about that day.

We've been to Cozumel a few times. My favorite is Chankanaab Park Take a taxi there, pay the entry fee and snorkel right off the beach. We didn't bother paying for any shows. Inexpensive and fantastic. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Here's a video of Tony and our nephew snorkeling there:

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
We just spent the last week on the largest fresh water island in the world.
It's so peaceful and beautiful there.My favorite vac spot.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Oh yeah, couldn't resist the low prices!
Cozumel
Costa Maya
Isla Roatan
Belize

​If anyone has any advice on what to do in any of these places, let me know. We have ideas except for Belize....

What ship?

Cozumel, if you like beaches go to Paradise beach. If you want to swim with dolphins and see sea life go to Dolphin discovery in Chankanaab National Park. We like to rent scooters and tour the island. From port you drive south on the western side, then along the southern coast and then the eastern coast. The east coast not so great for swimming but stunning views and a great drive.

Costa Maya. Rent a golf cart and drive into Mahahual. Nice beaches. We also drive further south on the dirt road along the coast. Beautiful! Crazy lobster in Mahahual on the beach has good food and beer bucket deals.

Isla Roatan: The beach at the port isn't that great. Take a cab to Bananarama (small beach resort) on west bay. It is so beautiful on west bay. I have pictures I will dig up later.

Belize: Do a ship tour, like cave tubing or ziplines. The ship does not dock here. Not much at all to do on your own near the port. It is a long tender ride to the port and no beaches near port. You would have to take the San Pedro Water Taxi to Cay Caulker (a beach island) and then do the reverse to get back to ship. Kills a lot of time.

Have done the same itinerary several times, so I can help with any questions you may have.

kingOFchester

The Caribbean. Been to St Thomas, St Lucia, Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, St Maarten, St Kitts, Caymans, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Grand Turk, Bahamas....

We love the warmth, the beaches, the local beer.

​Many more to go!

Any insight on Grand Turk and Curacao? looking into a cruise for January that stops at these new ports for me.