Fed Ex with UPS dollys

skir

Los Angeles CA
I have seen couple Fed Ex Ground And Home with UPS dollies. Plus contractor and drivers have asked me to give them a dolly. What do you think about this?

brett636

I think it sounds like BS to me. UPS dollies are not like those of other companies including fedex. They are pretty much useless for drivers of other companies because they are incompatible with the equipment most other companies use that pull double trailers.

bbsam

Staff member
Where would you see a Fedex driver where he could ask for a dolly? Do we pickup at UPS terminals now?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
that is theft !! The Fed Ex Ground pups have the rear pintle set in same spot as our pups,so they could use a UPS dolly,its possible !!

barnyard

KTM rider
I have had one handtruck ripped off. Where it happened, it would make sense that it was a Fed Ex driver.

I had loaded up the cart, delivered the contents, left it by the front step of the truck and delivered off 2 or 3 more stops. Got back to the truck, no 2 wheeler. Called my supe and he said, "I have seen that happen a time or 2." and that was it.

rod

Retired 22 years
A customer of mine confessed (after I caught him using it) that he had been using a UPS handcart for 12 years that a driver had left behind.

barnyard

KTM rider
I forgot my 2 wheeler at a stop. I remembered where, but did not need it, plus they were on my pick up route. So I called them and told them I knew I left it there and would pick it up during afternoon pickups.

Mistake.

The shipping guys stacked their daily pick up on the cart, wrapped that with shrink wrap and wrapped that with shipping tape.

Funny guys.

1080Driver

Going back about 20 years, we'd get a PCM occasionally about reclaiming lost handtrucks, I think they even offered a reward. The Fedex Ground guy that does my area has a UPS handtruck and I've told him if I need that handtruck, I'm taking it. If he cares to give me a hard time, I'll call one of the local cops I'm buddys with.

Mom

I've had numerous hand carts stolen over the years. One driver even found one, with my name literally written all over it, and the weirdo person that had swiped it in the first place threatened to call FedEx and complain that he (my driver) was stealing his property when my driver attempted to put it back in his truck. After my driver pointed out to this fine gentleman that if he called in and needed to speak to somebody directly, to ask for the name taped to the cart. He pushed it towards my driver and walked away.

Also, if either of my Ground P&D drivers or HD drivers asked to use a UPS guys cart and I found out about it, Id probably have to kick them in the nuts. That's just lazy and weird. Or they work for a sleazy contractor too cheap to buy carts...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a driver that 'found' one of our hand trucks at a customers house that he was delivering to. After he made the delivery, he grabbed the hand truck and started walking back to the truck with it. The customer got irate and threatened to call the sheriffs on him. He left the hand truck, called the sup and reported the incident. The next day the sup went out with the sheriff to reclaim the hand truck. The customer started getting irate again, saying that it was her hand truck and she didn't have to give it back. The sheriff basically told the customer that she could turn over the hand truck voluntarily or she could be arrested for being in possession of stolen property. She decided to turn over the hand truck.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Some of the RPS/Fred Wrecks Ground drivers have UPS dollies with fed stickers over the ups shield, but the rest have the most dilapidated hand trucks. It looks like they made them out of the scrap metal from hitting their trucks against stationary objects, and yard tools they've stolen. But jeeze if we were paid as piss poor as they are we might be stealing our equipment too.